[Thailand] translation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jbreedon, Feb 7, 2008.

1. jbreedon

jbreedon New Member

hey how use all going im justing wondering, Could you translate warrior for me in thai.

thanks

2. sportmuaythai

sportmuaythai Valued Member

If I understand correctly, you need to know thai word for "warrior"?
    It's Nakrob.

นักรบ

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Thanks Sport Muay,

could i ask you what the word Rawee translates to please? :)

4. sportmuaythai

Rawee=fight.
    Specific to ringsport muaythai, Rawee Dechachai was a welknown fighter of Adul Srisothon- Abhidej Sithirun era. When there was a conflict among betters (gamblers), and fight broke out, spectators would chant Rawee Rawee. Rawee Dechachai was a fighter type muaythai boxer, and fans remembered him for the "Rawee" chants.

5. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Thanks SportMuay,

That explains it,one of my teachers has the name Rawee in his name and i felt it may have to do with fight,is it a older name for fight? :)

6. sportmuaythai

Rawee is used mostly in a verb form. It's not an older word for a fight, but something more fancy. Remember when I made a mistake for the word "mala"? Rawee would be similar. Rawee has a more aggressive tone, persistant invasive like.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ah this got me to thinking... I actually got the chance to train a bit with Abhidej Sithirun several years ago at Fairtex in Bangkok. So I've always wondered when I see different translations to English of his Thai name which is the most correct translation? :confused:
    In fact I'm sure I've spelled it differently many times here at MAP.

Not so long ago you corrected my mistake on the Thai word for 'sweetheart' when it was in fact actually 'little brother' if I remember. I couldn't remember where I posted that - it had to do with a fighters name in a fight clip I think. But thanks for the correction. :)

8. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Thanks SportMuay i understand now :)

9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I to am always miss-spelling Ajarn Abhidej Sithiruns name,in fact i spell most english words incorrectly to!.

Slip your post ref teerak and teelak is under the heading "Muay Thai fighters training vids post" :)