Thai boxing in blackpool?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Shmook, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to start Muay Thai/Thai boxing in blackpool (hence the thread title!) and have found 2 places.

One is at ITC, link

here

And the other is at art of eight

here

I contacted both, called first - no answer, and then emailed by 'contact us' forms on respective sites. I heard back from Darren Dickenson at art of eight within a few hours even though he's training in Thailand at the moment, and he was very polite and helpful.

I'm yet to hear back from ITC, and it's been over 3 days now...

Anyway, I'm wondering if either or both are legit? Darren is apparently an ex pro fighter and I was wondering if this could be verified? I don't have a reason to doubt him but would like to check nonetheless. Google doesn't really give me any hits, but this could be my own poor searching.

Any help would be appreciated with this, thanks in advance, and mods, my apologies if I have put this in the wrong section. Obviously please move as you see fit :)

Thanks,

Shmook

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Art of Eight are a decent gym. Give them a try.

3. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Just avoid the hen party seminars

4. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

Thanks!

I've arranged to go down to art of 8 when Darren returns :)

As for hen parties, part and parcel of blackpool :p

5. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

If I was young and single I'd be there :)

6. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

I wouldn't.

It's a dump. I hated it when I was young and single...

I've got the joy of working there tonight, and the... service users never fail to amaze or disappoint ;)

7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I'm from Brighton, when I moved up north I went to Blackpool and said what's that Brown stuff, my missus said the sea, no if I was young and single I'd be in thailand

8. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member