TFA nit picking

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Late for dinner, Dec 30, 2015.

1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Alderaan, definitely will give you that. Leia does not seem like someone who's lost her entire planet. As for Ben, I dunno, Luke and he just met, plus he's an uncaring whiny little jerk who didn't care that his basically parents were vaporized and their skeletons left smoldering in front of him. Hell, from what I can tell he didn't even bury them.

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

That's why, I was in no hurry to see it upon the first showing like a sap

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I smell something truly fishy about this movies reviews. The IMDB user rating is over 8, the metascore is 81/100 (which is very high). Yet going through user reviews of 3000 + its 4-6 average. Fishy indeed.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

IMDB takes in professional critics. Pros will more likely be judging the film as a film and not taking into account the other SW films.

5. CrowZer0

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

7. CrowZer0

This one truly baffles me.

Total Film
    Jamie Graham
    Dec 16, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is not perfect nor could it ever be. But for every niggle...there are 10 things that are exactly right, and it says much that no one will leave disappointed despite going in with hysterical levels of expectation.

Not perfect, never could be 100/100. Makes sense.

"But it’s Driver’s Kylo Ren who steals the show, a match for Darth Maul when sporting his car-grill mask, and something else entirely when he removes it. Star Wars, in many ways, is all about clearly defined lines and black and white, but this is the kind of anguish and soul-searching you’d expect in an Ingmar Bergman movie. Albeit with a really cool lightsaber." What?

8. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

I'm not trying to be the resident TFA apologist - honest! - but, frankly, the First Order (Hux, Phasma, et al.) struck me as exactly the kind of people who'd build a big damn superweapon without going into the pesky logistics of it - more zeal than brains, essentially. On another forum someone commented that Snoke didn't look all that upset when Starkiller went blooey - I think he financed FO's pet project in order to win their support and to flaunt the resources he has at his disposal - a carrot and a threat of the stick, basically.

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

God that is incredibly fishy. I retract my previous statement.