Test someone respond please

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by CrowZer0, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Want to check if my notifications are working, someone just write anything please.

Thanks

2. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

3. CrowZer0

Thanks, still not working.

4. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

I am not either CrowZerO, maybe a problem with the MAP website.

5. CrowZer0

I was told in a suggestions thread that it's a problem on my side, which is weird. I'm receiving emails from everywhere else, are you with GMX email also?

6. SenseiMattKlein

No, Thunderbird. And I am also getting emails from everywhere else.

7. CrowZer0

So I guess it isn't my email either.

8. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Hey man don't fret, it's just a messageboard :p

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I didn't say that, I said its a problem outside of MAP's servers, which I have no control over. I also said you're getting some mails, but not others. You aren't the only person this is affecting, even some of the mods have this problem.

It will be fixed when its fixed, until then you'll have to make do with a workaround. Its not ideal I know, but that's the way it is right now. Making repeated posts about it isn't going to help resolve it any quicker.

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You know what can possibly help solve this problem? Money! Money solves a lot of problems.

So what does this mean? Donate to MAP, then they have more resources to get better things to have less problems for MAPs population. At least I think that's how it works.

No sense in getting peeved over something that is pretty much free. And if you did give money for those awesome upgrades, well . . . be patient sir. People who run the site and whom probably don't get a significant income from the site to support themselves and do it more out of their love for martial arts, the MAP community, and their big, warm hearts are working on it.

11. SenseiMattKlein

Fair enough, my inbox gets filled overnight anyway, so no drama.

12. bnyd

bnyd Valued Member

reply!

13. CrowZer0

Sorry, I only just saw this response now. I wasn't told it wouldn't be solved quickly I thought it was a by product of the updates, if I was told I wouldn't have posted this here.

Question how much does it cost to run MAP?

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  14. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

That likely depends if you include costs for Saz's and my time that we put into just keeping the site going behind the scenes. In short, it takes quite a lot of time and money, though the server move we've recently implemented should keep the monthly running costs quite a bit lower.

I did a calculation recently though, and worked out how much of my own money I have had to put into the site to keep it going over the last 5-6 years, and it wasn't pretty! Hence the rather quick move all of a sudden.

15. Gi-zer

Gi-zer New Member

:hat:

Are you getting bored of these yet?

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.