Tesla Shield

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Estrix, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Estrix

Estrix Valued Member

Just wondering if anyone has chanced across something called a "Tesla Shield," and if so, do you have any idea what it does? The companies website is so full of rubbish I couldn't actually figure out what it was supposed to be for...but I did work out (rather dissapointingly in my opinion) that it is not some kind of portable, personal tesla coil :(

2. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Nothing. It's a scam. Judging from the website, it looks like most of it is outright lies, and I'm pretty sure there's no actual connection to Tesla.

3. Estrix

Estrix Valued Member

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks.

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I hadn't heard about the scam, I got all excited for a second there and thought this was a thread about Nikola Tesla's theoretical teleforce ideas :(

edit: Is this http://www.lifetechnology.org/teslashield.htm the Tesla Shield? Tesla would be rolling in his grave! They've done the usual hack job of proving their crazy ideals with any bits of science that loosely reinforce their own very little of which proves anything! I got half way through when I saw Kirlian photography being used as proof for life force again which plants it firmly in new age science.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  5. Estrix

Estrix Valued Member

Well I've never heard of that...so if you want to hijack my thread you're more than welcome, because I'd like to hear about it.

As I said, I was just upset when I realised it wasn't some kind of portable tesla coil. (Anti-rape tesla coil anyone?)

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Nikola Tesla was awesome. Fact. :D

There's a good reason why he gets referenced so often in popular fiction, he really was a genius of electromagnetism. There's far worse ways to spend your time than doing a bit of research on him, even if it is just the wikipedia page. He was a brilliant scientist and a terrible businessman and supposedly a rival of Thomas Edison.

His teleforce ideas were the last of his big concepts for defence which sadly were not taken any further than the concept stage and would have cost $2,000,000 in 1930's money and no government wanted to spend that much it seems so no prototype was ever built. I believe most of his notes were seized by the US and classified top secret, though they are on display in his museum now.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  7. Estrix

Estrix Valued Member

That...is...AMAZING! Our mission is now clear, we must build the Teleforce generator! We must build it, and with it we can keep MAP forever safe from the invading trolls!...Sorry, I haven't slept in awhile.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've got a tesla shield. It's in the cupboard with my thunder hammer and lightning claws. :)