Terry Valler MMA/JKD

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by BÅÑdit, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I would love to see some of your newer videos. I grabbed the first results when I searched for Terry Valler JKD sparring, so I make no claims as to how representative these videos are. I, for one would love to see some more recent videos, especially if we could see some shots of one of the guys in those older videos I posted so we can see how far they've come under your tutelage.

2. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

good clip!

3. thefiercehadou

thefiercehadou Banned Banned

The birth of a new martial arts system......The way of the Hadou.

The way of the Hadou is a new martial arts system.....interested in how the hadou works......? There is a link here for youtube where you will see a demonstration and read the basic concepts of the Hadou! here is the link....[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NULx0qM5ldM"]YouTube - ‪Manipulation of chi to release the power of the Hadou‬‏[/ame] please be carefull with your speakers because the intro is low sound and suddenly the sounds increases.....please dont blow your speakers people......

4. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I ve seen guys like him badly beated by 2 jabs.
    I would like to see how He fights meditative...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That is about as new as the Sphinx...and it looks like total crap

6. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Fair enough mate - I was only judging it based on what I've seen on videos posted on this thread. couple of the vids i was told were of "advanced" students. Whether they were beginners or advanced was not differentiated - it was simply bad striking.

Which muay thai instructors and how often may i ask?

7. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Your body mechanics need work and your speed could be better and your exactly mind blowing ;)

8. Pat OMalley

Why did he keep looking at the floor??? Can't see the value in it.

9. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I still dont know what was that.the sidekick was the only useful move so far.
    sorry but how can you describe Chi and stuffs in video like this?
    if you demolish a house with a power of Chi in a single jab that would does the job.

10. february

february Valued Member

Your hat sucks dude. :p

11. february

february Valued Member

Cool, I'll agree to disagree. I think it is semantics. If I walked into a place that claimed to teach MMA but it was just an arbitrary mix of random martial arts, I think I'd have a right to be a little ****ed. ;)

12. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Maybe not ****ed off ;' )

Maybe just ready to give a few lessons?

Can't be asked to clean up all the pretend/wannabee's in this world that try to make dosh on someone else's hard work but you might as well get a bit of practice while you are there eh :evil:

Might make them re-think their advertising/publicity heh heh..

LFD

13. abdy_kali

abdy_kali New Member

well now

its all pretty interesting this, forums are an area to let of steam and rant, and there has been plenty of that on here tonight, and it seems over the past few months. and thats fine, every one is entitled to an opinion.

and though my opinion counts for little, i shall offer my experiances

i know terry, and came to him after taining with several people and comeing up agains problems and stress. Terry welcomed me and my views and the arts i was interested in, with open arms. and has been a guide along my path.

his attitude has been one of the best i have met in the arts and his skill and teaching ability always leave me astounded. i have trained with him and become freinds, infact i now spend more time with him as a freind than i do with people i have known all my life.

he has helped me in so many ways, to even consider judging someone on some quick impromptue videos is pretty poor, if your interested reaserch and visit. and terrys fight team that i get to train with on occasion when they are at my gym or when i have time to go see them, are a top bunch of guys, currently vying for 2 british titles, as serious mma record

videos show a tiny amount of information and should never be held as gospel, they can range from a dedicated video aimed at an audience, produced and prepaired, to a quick capture of a single move, and within all this are videos we see often on martial arts searches, but take the time to view them for what they are, not what you hope they are.

for example a great promotional video is that of Mike Wright, already on here, and a teacher of many of my friends im always in awe of him, and his teaching. but experiance is the key, a video is jsut that. my time with mike and terry have been some of the best in my martial arts life.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vidsamc

and the whole JKD argumen... really ? still?

my respect and thanks to my teachers my freinds and my students. this is a family people, behave like it please.

14. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

good videos,I am absolutely on hes point.thanks for posting.

15. Pat OMalley

Well I thnk that says it all. Terry looks like your producing top class people but that does not come as a surprise to me I know your linage would not produce anything else.

And think of it this way. You must be doing something right to receive all this attention and people will now certainly remember Terry Valler wont they. ;)

And if you bump into Neil the warrior monk tell him the O'Malley's said hi.

Best regards

Pat

16. Pat OMalley

So who do you give a few lessons to? The instructor who is teaching but hasn't joined in the class or the students who are either none the wiser or actually doncare what it's called and just enjoy the training.

And who's to say the instructor is more like a grizzly bear who eats nails for breakfast? Then what.

Best regards

Pat

17. thefiercehadou

you dont really know if an individual eats nails for breakfast or is actually as weak as a butterfly untill its too late.....

18. thefiercehadou

bam your on the floor.....wondering where did that bus come come, oh wait it was him!

19. thefiercehadou

i guess i shouldnt have talked bull......would be your second thought.

20. february

february Valued Member

^^^^
    Remember kids, just say no to drugs.