Teri Tom Is An Idiot!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by hulkout, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Okay, gang, I think we've all established our borders at this point. Nobody's likely to change their positions much. So I think we call it a day. Yes?

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Oh but I was going to claim I'd found WMDs and invade with my elephant army.

:eek:

3. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Awwww, but dad, we're just playing. You never let us have any fun.

4. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Looks like you need some work...

I'm Batman!:yeleyes:

I understand it is hard for such mere martial mortals to understand you. You are obviously a martial genius, and have deciphered all the basics of multiple arts from a few easy lessons. Your ninjutsu wasn't from Richard Van Donk's home study course by chance was it?

Don't listen to the haters, or you might start believing you aren't invincible and gifted beyond the norms of martial mediocrity.

ps-see what Teri Tom has made us get into!:bang:

5. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

You might have to wait a bits to invade. I heard the elephants were passing a cold around...

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That wasn't a mod order. Just a suggestion that things have run their course.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Slightly after I mentioned it, but here is the direct quote from Guro Dan

Source: http://www.thejkdbrotherhood.com/hi...JKD-Brotherhood/dan-inosanto-interview-2.html

Emphasis mine

8. 1fightforright2

1fightforright2 Valued Member

point taken hannibal thanks for sharing this, you guys are right in saying that to capture the essence of an art my sifu did tell me that it is not dripps and drabs you have to do the whole art. so I do appologise. thank you for sharing this quote with me as I like the krav maga basis better than the jun fan basis, and it makes me happy to know that heart and mind I can still be called JKD even though I have a different basis. However I feel confident in saying that I am a fast learner. I am not a genius far from it! but as for the debate about BL being taught eskrima I will get back to this fourm as soon as I have information.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Glad to be of help my friend!

We are all climbing the same mountain, so it doesn't matter what path we take as long as we reach the summit :)

10. 1fightforright2

Fumio Demura is Wrong am sorry to say.

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

It's altogether possible that Lee got some nunchaku instruction from two different sources. Though I have to admit that's the first time I've heard Fumio Demura mentioned. It's always been Guro Dan in the stories I've heard. Take that for whatever it's worth.

12. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

I am probably wrong but i thought Guro Dan taught Sijo the Nunchucku FMA style.

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That's the consensus

14. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

Cool then im not totally off.

15. Please reality

Actually, I was kind of giving 1fight a hard time because it's rather a moot point. I wasn't there, and unless one was, it is hard to say who shared what with Bruce Lee and it doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things. He spent a lot of time around a lot of martial artists and surely talked and traded ideas with many.

Reading books and even talking to original students of his and people who knew him are the next best things to going to the source, but they aren't the same.

16. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

Ah but you see while you may question the integrity of the Guro Dan, i dont.

17. Please reality

So are you questioning the integrity of Mr. Demura?

Not sure how that follows from what I wrote but let me ask you a question. Was Mr. Inosanto around Bruce Lee all the time and was he aware of everything Bruce Lee learned or saw from other martial arts/artists all the time? If not, isn't it possible that he learned things from other sources?

18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

What if Bruce Lee learned from watching Bruce Lee videos?

19. 1fightforright2

I think you may want to read this!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100126063153AAd751m

judging from this Fumio is not that much of an expert in nunchuku!!

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Yahoo answers, well that settles the arguement. :confused: