tension

Discussion in 'Karate' started by munkiejunkie, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

how do you get tension in your body during sanchin kata?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

just tense your muscles...

3. animefreak88

animefreak88 Valued Member

In plainest terms, flex all of your body's muscles to the best of your ability during your tension points and let out a deep breath from your diaphragm. However, when you can do this kata and its tension sufficiently for any of your belt requiremnts, i encourage to stop practicing with the tension. This is because the type of tension used in Sanchin is what is known as an isometric contraction, and isometric contractions of this type squezze your blood vessels when the muscles flex and in turn, raise your blood pressure if continually practiced. In short, flex your body, when you get good at it, stop doing it.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what he said^^^^

5. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

how do you know about sunchin kata

the trick is to not tense too much :D

6. shodan-san

shodan-san Valued Member

No. Continue to do Sanchin (please, see my post in another Sanchin thread) and move onto Tensho.

7. animefreak88

animefreak88 Valued Member

Agreed. Read the "sanchin tension" thread. After this became more in depth discussions, I found out that although what i said is true temporarily and isometric contractions can cause temporary blood pressure increases, they can actually have a positive effect long term. I'm sorry for previously misinforming you due to my ignorance.

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.