Tekken

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mandras, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Mandras

Mandras Eats Ninjas For Breakfast

This is for all the ardent tekken players out there.
    Who's your favourite Tekken character and why?
    As I think TKD's great my favourite has to be Hwoarang.
    Don't like that Baek fella too much...too many crappy low kicks.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Tekken? We have 24 pages on the games here ;) :)

3. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

raven... raven kicks @$$

4. Gray

Gray New Member

Hwoarang. Totally badass.

5. Tythos

Tythos New Member

Tekken is one of those games where I like so many characters. The top 3 are my favourites but the rest that I like are also listed.

Feng Wei: Incredibly badass. Also, the only CMA character in Tekken who's totally serious and without some sort of comical presence (which is a rarity in japanese fighting games in general). Gameplay wise, he's stupidly good.

Marshall Law: Easily the best video game representation of Bruce Lee. Now if only his storyline didn't suck. Gameplay wise, he's a good example of a character that is very good but takes skill to show. All characters should be like this.

Lei Wulong: Gotta love him. Now if only he didn't suck gameplay wise.

Kazuya Mishima: One of the rare times where I truly root for the bad guy. He's been a long time favourite for me and I was incredibly excited when he came back. The purple suit is pimp.

Jin Kazama: Probably the only real contender for Ryu as my favourite generic fighting game hero. Also a cool representation of Karate.

Ling Xiayou: My favourite female character in the game and a cool fighting style.

6. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I love Hwoarang!!!

He's da man!!!!

7. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

^ Agreed. Bob rules indeed. I'm also a dedicated Raven and Asuka player as well.

8. Mandras

Asuka would probably be my fave female character, but what's with her story?
    She's a Kazama right? but none of the other family members ever acknowledge that, if you get what I mean:confused:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  9. Tythos

Tythos New Member

There's a rumour that she's not related to Jin and Jun at all but rather Kazama for her is just a clan name.

10. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

hmmm i dunno, i prefer street fighter :D LOL

11. Twelve Eggs

Twelve Eggs Valued Member

you speak his true name! ghasp!

12. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

I like Steve(I only have tekken 4 so bear with me) He's just so different from pretty much everyone else without being a comic character, fast, strong and has some of the best looking stuff, and hey watchiong people who are good with him who dodge, duck and weave perfectly is amazing.

Nina, she a favourite of mine simply because I think she's cool...and I have never been any good with her...not in the same way as...

...Bryan! Hurray for zombies! I just really love Bryan, he's got everything and he looks so brutal(especially when he does that victory sequence and punches his opponent till they go squelch)

13. Mandras

Sorry could you explain that a bit more, what's a clan name for?:confused:
    Thanks

14. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

Christie the Capoeira chick, friend of button-bashers everywhere :D

I'm actually quite good with Roger Jnr. too, dunno how or why.. lol

15. Twelve Eggs

Twelve Eggs Valued Member

omgomg. i am teh rogfeezy mastah!...sorry. its just that...im good with roger...and i love him.

16. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

Ah, touche! :D

Think it's his high kicks that are annoying to fight against, or just my insane aggression when playing as 'novelty' characters :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  17. Tythos

Tythos New Member

I'm not too sure about the whole picture but supposedly, the reason why she's called Kazama is because of the school she was taught and something about everyone learning under that school has the name Kazama. So if she has any relation to Jun Kazama at all, it's that they were taught from the same martial arts school.

18. 10 men

10 men New Member

I like bruce and steve:Bruce because there nothing fancy about him and he kicks ass,hes just no nonsence get stuck in there and his style is muay thai :) i like steve because his swaying moves and his punch combos are some of the best in the game ;) :woo:

19. Mari

Mari New Member

Ling Xiou and Jin!

Jin because he is super strong and one punch can take a lot of HP! and Ling because she is fast and her hits from low stance are pretty hard to block! ^^ (sad but, i try to spar like her in class... doesn't work well. Most of the time people just kick my head) lol

20. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Wang - countering cocky paul players with an old man about half the size of most characters is just too funny.

Devil Jin - he has all of old skool jin's cool moves, plus wings, 'nuff said.