Techniques

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by melb, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melb

melb Banned Banned

Sorry i couldnt stay away. Gave in, gave up..harder than quitting the smokes! Anyway how about this...everybody stop talking about styles and start talking about fighting? Wont work because we're in a chat forum? Exactly..talking about this style or that style is equally useless. And for the record could someone post a vid of WC guy saying mystical rubbish? Sport fighting..all that matters is how realistically an individual trains. It doesnt mean that all sport fighters are great. There is also a huge difference between a sport and the real thing. No? How can you compare 2 guys who know what to expect, holding up 2 gloved hands and circling their opponent in the ring with the absolute chaos that you can expect in the street? One example of how a street fight differs to a sport fight is the time..how are they in any way similar when one fight goes for 30 mins plus and the other goes for 10 seconds? Should we be training the exact same techniques regardless? I wonder whether having a forum on MA is any more useful than having a swimming forum..everyone knows how to do it and theres no way of knowing who knows what until you get in the pool..how about a try at this...we pick a technique..say a straight jab...and we each come up with our different ways of dealing with it...? I'll go first...move to the outside, lead hand shoots out to redirect the attackers arm.

2. Osu,

A straight jab?
    Out of nowhere, I'll likely block it with my face! :D:D

OSu!

3. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

1. Muay Thai

2. Paragraphs

3. LOL

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Paragraphs are everybodies friend

5. melb

melb Banned Banned

what would you do given a little hint that the guy was agro and you were in his sights? paragraphs? what?

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. Moi

How big is he?

1. Hide

2. Smash his face in

7. d0ugbug

Counter.

Paragraphs it makes your post a little easier to read than doing "..."

8. melb

melb Banned Banned

Nice Moi..turn it into rubbish...couple more pages and then no one will see the first post! Then you can go back to whatever you do and reign supreme

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Er hit the report post button???

:eek:

We've been down this road before! It all depends on context.

What's the environment?
    Who is with me?
    Who is with the "bad guy"?

Define "in his sights"?

There's a number of responses and signals you can give off but it'll all depend on certain things.

One response may not be appropriate in one instance but may be in another.

10. d0ugbug

If I'm in his sights, surly this is now about the attacker having a gun rather than punching?

11. melb

melb Banned Banned

No we havent been down this road before. What would you do with a straight jab? How hard is it to read? Do you all need paragraphs? Come on...feel like Im living in that idiocracy movie!!

12. Moi

See the first post??? Reading it is the difficult bit. I know you have a return key, try using it.

I thought my last post was quite sensible for me :confused:

13. d0ugbug

Yes we do when posting online its easier to read.

What do you mean a "straight jab" is it being thrown? Or just given to me in a complaint manor?

How hard it is or isnt read is down to the guy or girl throwing it

14. melb

melb Banned Banned

straight jab thrown with intent

15. d0ugbug

shift my wight to my back leg, so my front leg straights out and my back leg bends an extra inch or two taking me about 2-3 inches out of the jab giving me plenty of movement to counter over the jab as he brings it back.

16. Moi

Nobody is just going to throw a jab. It's an opener to what's coming next & depending on how you react to the jab depends on what comes next

17. d0ugbug

You have to remember we are in the Kung Fu section Moi ;)

18. Dean Winchester

Paragraphs help with the clarity of your post.

If you do not have to manners or can't be bothered to take a little time when asking a question then why should people bother with you?

Straight jab?

Well for a start I'd make sure I was ahead on the OODA loop first so that I had a better chance of not having to deal with such an assault.

My fence would be up, I'd be engaging him verbally . I'd hopefully be controlling the reactionary gap and triggering certain responses in him so that I have the initiative.

19. melb

melb Banned Banned

Look, all Im doing is try to steer it away from the 'my style rules' towards something that is fighting oriented...if you have any ideas theyd be appreciated. If not then dont reply.

20. Dean Winchester

Indeed.

Melb seems to think such things take place in a vacuum and has no regard for everything else in the mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.