technique of the week

Discussion in 'Judo' started by saikyou, Dec 14, 2003.

1. lwicks

lwicks New Member

FLying triangle... dunno about that one. But I certainly miss being able to do my (quite good) flying JujiGatame!

My right foot in their right armpit,
    my left leg up and over their face,
    aim my head near their foot,
    down they come, right into the armlock... no worries!

Who else has a favourite, now illegal technique?

Lance

2. saikyou

saikyou New Member

a standing version of sankaku jime? hmm... i dont think that you can pull that off.

3. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Hehe, someone hurry up and say Tome Nage....I'll never get tired of seeing that throw....cant wait to learn it myself ...only three gradings away, lol.

4. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Nah, Tomoe Nage is a bit dodgy if you ask me can easily go wrong if its not done well. Fun, if you just wanna give some one a boot in the nuts tho.
    Not that i condone that ;-)

Kiwi

5. jonsku

jonsku New Member

Kani-basami, anyone? :D

jonsku

6. saikyou

saikyou New Member

cool looking but not that powerful. atleast you can proceed to juji gatame or sankaku jime if you fail.

7. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

Actually Tomoe Nage is one of my favorite throws (next to the flying juji :) ).... if works really well for me because I am really tall and the "getting low" for a seoi nage or o goshi is difficult for me.... i find that tomoe works well with someone in an extreme defensive posture or shorter than you... i continue to force them straight down then slip my left foot as deep as possible... fall straight down (contining to pull straight down and lock the hands to my chest) and push my right leg straight up and over as strong as possible... and if i cant get it over the top i go over the side and pull hard to get the ippon (has saved me many o matches)

8. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

i also find that the trick is NOT to put your leg straight in because the opponent tends to block it with the hand.... i tend to loop my leg around in a circle (almost looking like a side sacrifice throw making the opponent resist optimally for me) and placing it towards the side of the inner hip bone

9. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Hey, Tomoe Nage is a good throw, if you know how to do it right. I got it to work for ippon in a tournament just a week ago.
    The major error we see with Tomoe Nage, and a lot of sacrifice throws, actually, is the tendency to fall back onto one's back or side, hoping that force will pull uke down. Better idea is for tori to swing into uke. My best example on this is for Tomoe Nage.
    Instead of grabbing and falling back, grab uke, and treat him as a rope you are swinging on. The swinging motion will force your hips forward, displacing uke's hips. You land right about where his feet were, and he goes over you.
    The same kind of idea works on Tani Otoshi, Yoko Otoshi, Sumi Gaeshi, and Ura Nage, to my experience. Swing in while displacing hips, foot, whatever body part is in the way, and you have forced their base out from under their center of gravity, instead of trying to pull on their center of gravity. Does any of this make sense, or am I just rambling?

10. lwicks

lwicks New Member

Oh memories!!!!

11. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Uchi-mata to Drop seoi nage

Lovely jubbly uchimata to the right then switch to the left drop seoi nage.

Kiwi