Team Quest...Anyone know these guys?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by phatfire, Jun 26, 2006.

1. phatfire

phatfire New Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows about Team Quest. I live near there and was wondering if it's worth the effort to go there. I know they train for MMA fights and the sort but they also do just self defense...no need to join the fight team.. Any one give me a clue... :D

2. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

I used to live in Portland, and my best friend trains now in Portland.
    Team Quest fight team is A+, but their normal classes are super expensive and not very good.

A better choice would be Straight Blast Gym in Beaverton with Tom Oberhue and Mike Chapman. Another good place would be Straight Blast's main gym in Portland (which is not as good as Beaverton, but still good).

If you want, I can get my friend to contact you on AIM or something and talk to you about local choices.

3. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

Straight Blast Gym is highly recommended.

4. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

I actually train at the Straight Blast Gym in Beaverton. It's very top notch, worth every penny. Here's their website: http://www.straightblastgym.net

(Note the .net, .com brings you to the corporation website).

Assuming you don't mind the drive to Portland.

5. phatfire

phatfire New Member

Expensive....hmmmm... how expensive? I couldn't find any prices or anything like that on the site so kinda sucked. But if you can get your friend to tell you how much it cost I would be greatfull.

6. firecoins

firecoins Armchair General

7. phatfire

phatfire New Member

I was tlkaing about this gentleman....should have specified. I couldn't find costs for the Team Quest gym.

8. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

I'm a woman, just as a heads up. They don't list it. But it's damn more expensive than SBG.

9. phatfire

phatfire New Member

Thank for that...and sorry about the "gentleman" thing. Thank you again, Miss.

10. UGFighter

UGFighter Valued Member

While I have not trained with Tom Oberhue, I've seen his seminar and instructional on 'smashing top game: weighted pressure' or something of the likes.... very, very impressive and Tom's attitude and class also impressed me greatly. I would have no doubts about going in to train with him if I ever happened to be in the area.