Teaching with video.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Floorismyfriend, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

Anyone else here use vidoes of nog/sato/royce to learn or teach?
    If you study them closely enough they can show you alot of things about controling your oponent.
    Any input will be welcomed with a hug and a kiss and maybe an ice cold beer.

2. Tyrant MMA

Tyrant MMA New Member

Ive noticed that watching vids can show you some tiny details that you can miss in training. Also its good to have things explained in a slightly different way as sometimes a move can be hard to understand but if described a slightly different way it will all click in your head.

Ive only seen Renzo Gracie's Craig Kukacs ( got his name well wrong I think ) 11 volume set and the Total Grappling Guards 1 & 2, But the details are good.

Especially when you can then watch footage of them rolling or in fights to see how they set up and apply a technique.

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I've got the Renzo/Kukuck (sp?) videos, they're ok but the guys seem to have forgotten that as its on video you can rewind it and watch it over again, instead they do muptile repetitions from the same angle.

It is good that they show the techniques from other angles too, though!

Col

4. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

Instructional videos are great but kinda expensive sometimes. Have you ever used any footage from pride fc to explain techniques?

5. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Still the RG CK vids

Do have a slightly different commentry on them from the same angle so it is not so bad I guess!!!!

I have as I used my first Arm bar from UFC 1 or 2 and also used a rear naked choke from UFC 1 many many years ago in Taijitsu ground fighting!

QUALITY!

6. Tyrant MMA

Tyrant MMA New Member

I feel the expense of the tapes and dvds are justified if you take into concideration what it would cost to have a private lesson with these guys...and you cant press rewind on a private lesson.

7. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Agreed Tyrant...

Thank God Almighty for the invention of recording video and audio...

And batteries for the remote...

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Has anybody ever recorded any private lessons?

Is it useful?

Col

9. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

Alright Kao Loi?

Hope the shop is going well....