Teaching Tool?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do Resources' started by Earl Weiss, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Proprioception is the sense of the relative position of neighbouring parts of the body. Peoples abilities in this area vary and tyoicaly it is less with kids.

Sometimes you tell a student that they need to move or position themselves a certain way and they may think or say "I thought I was doing that". Other times you me see them look down at their feet or look at their legs or arms to visualy confirm the position. Easy enough for static positions.

Playing with the Iphone 6 Slo motion feature it seemed like a useful tool for someone to review positioning during all manner of techniques, even jumpingtechniques to determine what needs correction.

anyone using this?

2. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

I have not seen slow motion footage from an iPhone used that way but reviewing footage is a pretty well accepted coaching technique. I've seen fight footage used this way in boxing and judo. Using slow motion would in theory allow far greater detail to be observed and then in theory allowing for further refinement/improvement.

Can't see any reason why it wouldnt be a great tool if used correctly. It does run the slight risk of being to easy to spot mistakes, not great for beginners or the overly sensitive but a great tool for the experienced and the thick skinned.

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

My family's physical therapists LOVE the app coaches eye. Not sure what the free versions offer but the one that I have seen them use is awesome. Slow motion, zoom, etc. Just my 2 cents...

4. megan mia

megan mia Banned Banned

yes the apps are really great to try, and i am also using the coaches eyes as that is actually easy to use also