Tea

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Infesticon #1, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I drink many different types of tea, from "normal" black tea (Assam) to green tea (I like Gunpowder tea)

I also drink infusions

here are the varieties (No pun intended) I currently have

Gunpowder tea
    Sicilian lemon, ginger and honey
    Oregon Peppermint
    peppermint (very good if I have a bad stomach)
    Fennel (Another digestion aid)
    Camomile (quite relaxing)
    Liquorice
    Dandelion (very similar to Dandelion and Burrdock the soft drink)
    Pomegranite and Cranberry
    Chai tea

What do you like to drink?

I also drink espresso and filter coffee, just not as much as I used to.

2. cptequinox

cptequinox Warrior Poet.

I used to make my own Kombucha (not strictly tea, but made using tea), I stopped as it takes quite a long time to brew (similar to making beer)

I would say my favourate is Lavender Green tea and Jasmine Green tea.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Lapsang Souchong for me.

Not all of the time, but as an occasional afternoon tea I find it hits the right spot.

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I really like fruit teas like apple and cinnamon or peach

Also hibiscus
    so tasty

5. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Pu-er tea for me.

6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Longjing (aka dragonwell) is my favorite. Jasmine pearls is also very, very good when done right. Steven Smith Teamaker in Portland, Oregon imports some VERY good (if somewhat pricey) examples of both.

For inexpensive day-to-day green tea, I like Tazo's China green tips (Tazo is Starbucks' brand of tea). It's available bagged in grocery stores and it's really quite good for grocery store tea. And despite the fact that it's the company everyone loves to hate, they're a really ethical company that takes great care of its workers (good pay, and anyone who works even 20 hours per week gets health insurance).

I also drink earl grey and some white teas from time to time, but Chinese greens are my primary love.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Proper tea.

In a mug.

With milk.

9. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I like all sorts of tea (strong 'docker' tea, Russian Caravan, Lady Grey, Rooibos, various herbals ones etc). I've just bought a tea infuser that I can use in a mug so I can experiment with loose leafed tea, rather than bags.

10. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I just use 2 mugs and a tea strainer if I don't want a whole pot.

Loose leaf is supposed to be better than tea bags, more tea of a higher quality and no paper.

11. Frodocious

That's why I've bought my steeper. I recently moved to ground coffee instead of instant and it's so much tastier, so I thought I'd do the same with tea.

12. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

We got one of those 15bar espresso machines yesterday. I'm now drinking less coffee, but of a much higher quality. Typically 1 cup of filter and 2 maybe 3 espressos.

My sister worked in a tea shop in London for a while back when she still lived in the UK, I wish she still worked there!

13. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I'm rather unadventurous with my tea actually. I like the kind of tea you find builders drinking (strong, milk, one - two sugars depending on the training), Earl Grey and loose leaf tea (only had it a few times but damn is it good). Ice tea if I'm desperate.

I can't bring myself to mess around with fruity teas (you know the ones, cinnamon, blueberry, etc), green tea or anything too scary - it's too much for my simple mind to comprehend :(

14. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

I love a good jasmine tea, but my real love is coffee. I couldn't live without my French press.

I usually drink Sumatran beans, but Starbucks cafe Verona is very good as well.

15. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

drinking typhoo british tea right now.

Very nice little tea. I love it. :)

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Cannot stand the stuff. Occasionally I'll get my wife's cuppa mixed up with my coffee and take a big slug of her tea. Ugh.

17. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Or when someone else comes in my house and makes tea and coffee but doesn't use the right spoons. I end up with coffee granules in my tea (making the awful monstrosity known as coff-tea) or doesn't use the spoon properly and leaves coffee granules in the sugar! :bang:

18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

That's like saying you don't like beer or wine or cheese or martial arts or some awesome combination of all these things. There are just to many types to say you don't like any of them.

19. Frodocious

My sister does this all the time, I think it should be grounds for justifiable homicide! :bang: :mad:

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I don't like beer or wine either. Most cheese is horrible. Martial arts are OK for the most part. :)