TCUGB

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by EmptyHandGuy, Oct 24, 2015.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the TCUGB, is it worth joining? What are the benefits of membership etc? Sure I read somewhere that it was founded by Dan Docherty, is that true? I also remember reading a while back on MAP that its no longer promotes tai chi as a martial art which I find hard to believe if Dan Docherty is in fact involved!

2. ned

ned Valued Member

TCUGB are involved in competitions such as London competition for traditional tai chi ( organised by Gary Wraggs Wu school) and the annual festival of Chinese martial arts (organised by Dan Docherty's wudang school ) .
    Both have fixed and moving push hands
    the latter also has free push hands and sanda.
    I've competed in both competitions and and don't belong to TCUGB though my school is a member I think , they run a lot if courses which may be of interest I suppose.

3. EmptyHandGuy

Thanks for the reply! So they sound like they have an active organisation with lots of courses and competitions going on! Sounds good! Just been doing a little research and they also have links with Tai Chi Caledonia which is an event that I am looking at getting to.

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

The magazine and T shirt aren't too shabby either. Good for staying abreast of the tai chi scene in the UK.

5. EmptyHandGuy

So you get a Tt-shirt and a magazine? How often does the mag come out?

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yup, they produce 4 magazines per year.

7. EmptyHandGuy

Joined up, got my t shirt today! Just waiting to get my first magazine!