Target 2007

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by coc716, Dec 18, 2006.

1. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

So instead of tacking new goals for 2007 in the "Target 2006" thread, let's start a new thread for those 2007 goals.

No, I don't have mine yet (apart from finally getting JKN promotion), I'll post later. Just wanted to get the thread started before everyone started tacking things into the 2006 thread. :)

2. SaBumNim

SaBumNim Valued Member

My goal for 2007 is to start training again. I have trained in Kuk Sool on and off for over 20 years, I managed to reach Sa Bum Nim but then trailed away because of life. I want now to reconnect and actively train.

3. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

Welcome, SaBumNim. It isn't too late. That could still be your goal for 2006!

4. kiseki

kiseki beating shadows since '06

*Get to red belt (changing schools every semester sucks, and may make this impossible)
    *Perform a perfect cartwheel
    *Participate in/Go to my first tournament
    *Train daily for the 7 months I am in Houston starting January 6th
    *LEARN SOME FREAKIN' PATIENCE

And I would be disappointed to not meet some of the other Houston forum goers while I'm there.

Everything else I would like violates that fifth one, as does the first one perhaps.

5. ember

ember Valued Member

Well, that adds one more to my list... play more football! :D

6. mijorobert

mijorobert Valued Member

do better in next years tournament and maybe become ksn by end of 2007 if not then for sure by mid 2008 :D

7. XMan

XMan Valued Member

I've been very lazy over the years about learning more Korean, as well as increasing my flexibility.

I'm going to work harder at both of those this year. :Angel:

8. Dubu

Dubu Valued Member

I would like to become good. Been thinking about what that means recently, and im not sure. I would like to get there though.

9. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I'd like to finish memorizing the underbelt syllabus and work on the precision inside my techniques. I need to get more flexible and start lifting weights on a regular basis again. I'm also going to join the Bay Area Runners Club and try to get myself in a position to run the Chevron marathon in '08. If I can accomplish 2 of the 3, I'll be happy with myself.

10. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I'm not sure if it's my place to extend the invite, but I just started to meet some other kuk sool practitioners at a Clear Lake park on Sundays. I was told the more, the merrier, so I don't see why it would be a problem. Last time there was an even number of people there, so it worked out well when we went over techniques, but I'm trying to get 1 or 2 people from the Baytown dojang to join us, so an extra body might work out great.

11. kiseki

kiseki beating shadows since '06

Sundays work great for me, especially since I will be coming from spring. I never want to make a drive into Houston again on a workday if I can avoid it.

I'm surprised though, I didn't expect that we would be able to work on techniques apart from our schools (not that I can see why its wrong, I just assumed there was a rule)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  12. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

There is NO rule saying you can't pratice, Just that the ranking person in the group cant teach, now they could add more precision if they wanted to, or expand on material you already know.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  13. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

It means that you can do all those mad breaks in the TKD movies on youtube! My aim for 2007 is to be able to kick at head height proficiently. :)

14. Ferran

Ferran Valued Member

Improve flexibility, specially ankles & back. It would help if I could finally get rid of my ancient 2nd & 3rd vertebral columns (old strains).
    Remember wrist locks and feet movement.
    Body conditioning (some extra strenghth at joints, coordination, ...).
    Put some more detail into KBS, KCH, SMS, CGH and other things I shall learn sometime.
    Go on.

15. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

my goals for next year; get my parallel horse stance wider, improve on my points score at the tourneys, get the 1st dahn syllabus 100% (it's about 80% at the mo :( ) and maybe start testing for 3rd dahn towards the end of the year.

16. Pride&Poise

Pride&Poise Valued Member

Well, I'm going to work to improve everything... endurance, strength, flexibility, quality of techniques, sparring, more precise forms, lower stances, etc.

But if I had to prioritize, I'd say:

1- Conditioning. Continue to lose weight and improve endurance, quickness and flexibility. I'll measure that by my weight, the intensity I'm able to handle in my workouts, height of my kicks, depth of my stances, etc.

2- Consistency. I've typically had a few periods of "downtime" each year due to family events, injuries, etc. I'd like to eliminate that this year. Of course these things will still come up, but I want to maintain at least some level of focus on my training when they do, so I'm not taking steps back. I'll measure this one by continuing to chart my workouts and staying ahead of my pace in '06.

I actually think that if I achieve both of those things, I'll make a lot of improvements in all of the areas specific to my KSW training.

17. turk944

turk944 Valued Member

My 2007 goals are to increase flexibility, start lifiting on a regular schedule again, and finish the 1st degree syllabus. Hopefully these goals are acheivable for the comming year. Also I'd like to make it to my first tournament. The only problem is they always seem to fall on finals week or midterms or some other crazy busy time of the school year around here. Wish me luck. Oh yea, starting to test for 2nd degree is in there somewhere too, but that might not be until 2008, we'll see.

18. KSW_Martley

KSW_Martley Valued Member

To be all prepared with no doubt for when I start testing for 1st dahn. And to improve my strength and endurance, its declined these past couple of months. I've made a lot of new years resolutions, nehh. :Alien:

19. ember

ember Valued Member

So, what with the pregnancy and all, I had to modify my goals for the year. I'll certainly try, but I kinda doubt that November - December will be enough time to get handspring down.

Main goal: stay fit & healthy
    Secondary: gain just the amount I need, and then start working it off again.

20. KSW_KJN

KSW_KJN Valued Member

Congrats on the pregnancy Ember. That's a whole new level of training. :)