[Tang Soo Do] Whats your favorite form

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Spikedude, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Spikedude

Spikedude Valued Member

Whats your favorite form, and why? I myself love Pyung Ahn I Dan.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Pyung Ahn Ee Dan is a great form and was my favourite for quite a while. Naihanchi Cho Dan has been my favourite for some time now. This is because it is the form I understand the best(application wise). The applications for this form are numerous and really quite nasty, and the form itself is simple and short. Looks wise my current favourite is Jin Do as thats my newest form.

What is it you like about Pyung Ahn Ee Dan Spike?

3. monk-ki

monk-ki Monkey..Monk-ki...Get it?

I'm going to have to say that either Ro Hai or Jin Do is my favorite. I love the fast pace and jumping moves of Ro Hai, and I think Jin Do has a great combination of kicks and hand techniques. Then again, there is Kong Sang Koon... Oohhh, it's too hard!! I love too many of them!

4. bhamtsd

bhamtsd Valued Member

I'll add Pyung Ahn Ee Dan as my favorite Pyung Ahn form.

My overall pick would be Bassai. My highest form though is Naihanci Ee Dan so that may change after I progress to higher forms.

BhamTSD
    Cho Dan

5. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

For a long time my favourite was Pyung Ahn Ee Dan - as this was the first form that didn't look like a direct link to the one before (KeeBoo through Pyung Ahn Cho Dan).

Bassai, Chul Sung Il Rhu, and Nihanchi Cho Dan are as different to each other as you can get, but on balance I'll probably go with the Bassai as there is so much good stuff in it :) (open hand, or with the Chule Bong/Nunchaku ;) )

6. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Chil Sung 4

7. MALibrarian

MALibrarian Valued Member

Sip Soo, without a doubt for me. When I have one of those training days where nothing feels right nor inspired, I just do that form and I always feel far more energetic after.

8. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Jin Do or Chil Sung 1.

9. EB110

EB110 New Member

Naihanchi Cho Dan definitely my favorite, possibly also because its the one I understand the best and the application makes the most sense. Chil Sung Ee Ro Hyung is my current competition form so the one I am working on the most.

10. mikemccabe

mikemccabe New Member

hiya guys yep im a noob to this forum lol my favourite hyung? Mmmm.....probably bassai (i know thats hardly gonna win a prize for originality) but pyung ahn Sam Dan is also a very enjoyable flowing form to practice i love the way it incorporates pahkeso ahnuro cha ki as a defensive technique but im really looking forward to when i get to learn Ro Hai!....someday lol :)

11. 79samurai

79samurai Valued Member

Everyone seems to love Bassai! Which would be my first pick but im also really enjoying Wang Shu at the moment! Great little form but i also love performing Kong Sang Koon.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  12. RiveraRa

RiveraRa New Member

Jin Do as of right now because its my newest. After that probably Chil Sung Il. Since the form is slow you need to be precise.

13. AdamR

AdamR Kwan Soo

I adore Rohai, it's just a shame it's going to be so long before I'll *need* it.

14. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

My favorite would most likely be Sha San. It is a very challenging form, and one I will never truly accomplish.

15. BROWN

BROWN Valued Member

I have just learnt Pyung Ahn Ee Dan and love it for these same reasons.. Have been watching the higher ranked gups doing it for ages and am stoked to be learning it now.

16. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Well done BROWN - welcome to the gang :)

Not sure if you're into weapons, but this is a great form to add various weapons into. Due to the repeated knife-hand strikes, we do a lovely version of this with twin-sai :cool: [Usual rules - get good at the form and confident first - then add the weapons] ;)

17. BROWN

BROWN Valued Member

Thanks Jang, yep I'll follow the rules for a bit get a bit more of the mechanics sorted out then mite see how I go incorporating the jo into the form, we dont do heaps of weapon but I'm intrigued by them.