[Tang Soo Do] Tang Soo Do

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by BilliardPete, Jul 9, 2009.

1. BilliardPete

BilliardPete Valued Member

Hi anyone who reads this. I will point out that my spelling and typing is poor at it's best. But what I have to say comes from my heart.

I love Tang Soo Do, though I haven't activly trained in over 7 years. I was at an event and we were working on sparring three on one. I was coming back from a lay off, and had no right training so hard. I went to throw one of the guys, and did it so gingerly that he feel on my right knee. I tore the meniscus cartiladge in my knee. Now I know for most this would be a challenge to work around, but for me it was a bit more. You see, when I was in my early 20s I damaged my left ankle, it was so severe that even years later the flick of kicking would hurt, so I started working on the Wallace kicking style. I got fairly comfortable with that.

So to cut it short, whne I saw that my kicking knee was dead (I was very dramatic in those days), I gave it up.

Since then I have worked out some, but never stuck with it. But it has always been in my heart.

I now want to get back into it, and start training, and hope to open a school/program after a full year of training.

My challenges are, loosing a considerable amount of weight (depression sent me spirralling down hill), and get fit enough to train. Relearn to kick with my leg, and how to protect it, and getting a hi quality brace, one that will not slow my leg down and will protect it form being struck. So if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to give them...

Pete