[Tang Soo Do] Tang Soo Do Check-in

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Jang Bong, Aug 3, 2004.

1. chrischris

chrischris New Member

well if your still training and competing, il see you in mexico next year :)

2. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Bleh, sorry, but we are no longer with the I.T.F. GM Byrne left the organization back in the late 90's. I sincerely miss many of the friends I made in the I.T.F. - wish I could see you there. :(

3. chrischris

chrischris New Member

oh yeah i forgot it was an itf thing. darn!

4. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

5. chrischris

chrischris New Member

taht sounds cool but im realistic - its never gonna happen!

im ripped from the mexico trip im saving for!

6. Thorfin

Thorfin New Member

Tsd

I'm a 26 year old who started training in Tang Soo Do at the age of 12. I trained for a year or two in Baton Rouge, LA before my family moved out to Arizona. There I couldn't find a Tang Soo Do school so I joined an American Karate school. Thanks to them, I kept up my training so that I was wanting to train again when I returned to LA. I now train under Kwang Jang Nim Chontas. I am currently Sam Gup.

7. chrischris

chrischris New Member

oooh, welcome to the boards! what federation ado you belong to? ive heard of Kwang Jan Nim Chontas, but i cant recall why!

8. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Welcome, Thorfin. I know TSD is pretty prevalent as a style in Louisiana. We used to have tons of LA TSD guys come down for our ITF tournaments here in Houston.

9. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Welcome to MAP. I know Chontas well. HE was part of our organization for a few years. You are referring to Randall Chontas, correct? I believe his brother lives in Penn. or something.

10. chrischris

chrischris New Member

i feel so out of touch way down in britain lol

11. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Hello again Thorfin - nice to see you have found the MAP home of Tang Soo Do. :)

Check back a couple of pages, and you'll get a quick overview of who is around - and you will be on the next list.

12. moo_do_jo_kyo

moo_do_jo_kyo New Member

Introduction

::Kyung Ret (Bowing) to everyone::

Good afternoon, all,

I hope you and your loved ones are all in the best of health and spirits.

My name is Marc Enriquez, I am currently 21, and I have been training in Moo Duk Kwan Soo Bahk Do since July 7, 2001.

As a 4th generation MDK Yu Dan Ja, my lineage is as follows:
    Hwang Kee, KJN (Founder, may he RIP)
    HC Hwang, KJN (Became MDK's 2nd Grandmaster after his father's passing)
    Arthur Pryor, SBN (Charter Member of the U.S. SBD MDK Fed)
    My instructors are:
    David Tenedorio, SBN, Michael Ramirez, SBN, and Robert Corley, KSN
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At the time of this post, I only know that I have passed my Cho Dan examination. I have begun Dan training, but still wear the uniform of a Il (1st) Gup, red belt with two stripes. I do not yet know my Dan Bon (the Moo Duk Kwan ID number of Dan member seniority worldwide), but I'd like to let you all know when I find out. It is with the permission of my instructor that I use the Dan dee (Midnight Blue Belt) in my signature as well as report to you that I am a Yu Dan Ja.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any other Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Jeh Ja at this forum?

Soo Bahk!! / Tang Soo!! (as appropriate :))

Jo Kyo, btw, is an official title within the MDK meaning "Assistant to Material" or, Asst. Instructor, in case anyone was wondering.

::Kyung Ret::

13. chrischris

chrischris New Member

welcoem to the board :)

Psicop... waht did you think? i got the midnight showing and i loved it, that film was great. lol now back to TSD

14. PsiCop

I thought it was really good. Check out the thread in the movie forum for more about it.

15. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, I'm also a practitioner in Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan (US Federation under GM HC Hwang). I have been training in Soo Bahk Do since September of 2001. I also have experience in Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kwon Do, which I did from January 2000 to Feb of 2002. I also have 2 years training in Wing Chun under the Cheung Lineage, and also about 6 month of BJJ under a Machado purple belt.

Like moo_do_jo_kyo, I also tested this April for my cho dan - I haven't gotten the results yet prob won't for another month or so. Still wearing red.

My lineage is as follows:
    GM Hwang Kee
    GM HC Hwang
    Master Colston (R2)
    Master Tsai (R2) - I train under this master.

Soo Bahk
    Have a nice day.

16. PsiCop

Welcome to the board, EternalRage. It's always a pleasure to see new members. Your background in other styles is certainly a good thing. It only makes one a more well-rounded martial artist.

17. chrischris

chrischris New Member

hey there.

could you please tell me why DM HC Hwang decided to patent the dobok trims? its just baffled me :S

18. Disciple

Disciple New Member

Hi There.

3rd Dan practitioner / Instructor of Tang Soo Do.

Lineage

Hwang Kee
    Young Tae Han
    Jeoung Suk Kim
    Song Ki Kim
    Kwan Ho Chon [8th Dan; My GrandMaster]

19. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

Hey chris, when did this happen? Do you have links or sources where we can see more info? Thanks

20. zuri

zuri New Member

hey everyone!
    Im very excited about starting martial arts and the style I have chosen is TANG SOO DO! I have other style interests but I think I will start off with this first and see how I like it.

gotta go. more later, God willing.

btw, where are the LADIES at? LOL

-zuri, a lady ;-)