[Tang Soo Do] Ren Yi Wu Kwan Tang Sou Dao

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by SB1970, Dec 28, 2007.

1. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

Hi

I currently looking for a martial art to start training in.I'm in my late 30's a little overweight and have a REN YI WU KWAN TANG SOU DAO class less than 15 minutes from where I live.The thing is is a don't know anything about the art or how does it compaire to, for example Shotokan Karate?
    are the stances higher? are there lots of high kicks?, do they train with contact and sparring? any self defence taught?
    I will check the class out after the new year break, I just thought I'd check here with the people who know

thanks for your time

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  2. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I don't know anything about this style, but where are you from so other mappers can tell you whats available in your area?

3. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

Hi
    I'm just outside Reading in Berkshire and after a quick look in the local papers and a trawl of the internet I've found close to me there is about 25 differnt styles of martial arts and I feel a bit overwelmed!!!!-this is one I've never heard about-it's supossed to be like standard TSD plus a chinese influance but as I have not come across any TSD anyway and don't know about the style I thought i'd come on and ask the experts on the board

4. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

I dont know that much about this style, I have only heard what you have(Tang Soo Do with kung fu). You can expect lots of kicking(Tang Soo Do is basically Karate with more kicks) , they most likely train for point sparring and will have one step self defence. This is just speculation though, I seem to remember someone on here a few years back trained with them and it didnt seem too different from regular Tang Soo Do. You have the right idea though, checking out classes is your best bet. Most will give you a free lesson or let you watch. Best of luck finding a place and let us know how you get on.

5. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member