[Tang Soo Do] Breaking

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by chrischris, Apr 28, 2005.

1. chrischris

chrischris New Member

what are all your favorite breaks? and what have won you medals in tournamets etc

2. WKJ30

WKJ30 New Member

I have not won a lot of tournaments but i love to brake bricks![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Was that a spearhand? 3 bricks is still pretty impressive. I don't prefer bricks. All the little pieces can be a pain to clean up.

Anyways, I enjoy breaking. I'm good at it, but it isn't my focus. I don't compete much, either. I just don't really like the tournament setting. I prefer to better myself as a person and martial artist, than compete. It's only a matter of opinion though. Breaking can still be a good measure of technique.

4. chrischris

chrischris New Member

ive never broken before.... its my first tournament on the 7th with breaking.so im hoping to do well in something this time. last time i got kicked in the nuts whilst sparring....TWICE, i honestly thought they were gonna come off

5. PsiCop

Wear a cup.... ;)

Also, a little side-note, make sure you keep in mind where you position your breaks (if it's a multi-station break). You want to make sure the judges have a clear view of you and the boards/bricks.

6. NX01

NX01 Valued Member

I've never done breaking at a tournament, as most tournaments I've done were WTF Taekwondo, and they seldomly have breaking as a division. I've done lots of breaking for testings and demos though.
    Here's a pic of me doing 5 concrete slabs (I'm currently working up to 10)
    [​IMG]

7. PsiCop

Good break. I see you have a knack for the bricks ;)

8. Yossarian75

Yossarian75 New Member

I love breaking, its brilliant if your in a bad mood. My favourite break is a one inch punch/palmstrike. I can do it ok on boards and have done it on a brick once.We usually use the plastic rebreakables. Ive competed in breaking a few times and always completely mess it up on the day, I can manage ok in the Dojang though.

NX01 and WKJ30

Impressive breaks guys, nice. WKJ30 it looks like the supporting breeze block is about to fall on your toe.....ouch