[Tang Soo Do] Big Tourney tomorrow

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Andy Cap, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

That's right, I am taking out the competition face and going at it tomorrow. I haven't competed in 9 years, so this will be interesting. It is a point tourney and most of my recent training is full contact - ouch. Either way, I am certain I will have fun and I feel confident enough in my control to know that I won't hurt anyone. I will lose before I hurt someone in the games.

Wish me luck :)

2. MALibrarian

MALibrarian Valued Member

Have a great day and good luck to you! Show them what we TSD-ists are made of :)

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Best of luck and give em hell!

4. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Thanks guys.

Overall it was a very nice day. I like the way the tournament was run - very safe and very fun. My wife won Black Belt Women's forms in a field of 20!! I won Black Belt Men's forms in a field of 23. We then went to sparring, and my wife got disqualified for clocking some other women in the noggin. She has this crescent kick that people just want to taste so they just open wide and move to it. I fought 7 matches and won the first 6. I got 2nd place Black Belt Men's. I feel ok considering it was my first tourney in 9 years.
    I did get to do a Tang Soo Do form and that is what I won with. My wife did too.

Again, it was a very nice tourney - well run.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Good result, nice one. What form did you and your wife perform?

I know what you mean about crescent kicks, ive seen the same thing happen. When done well they can be very hard to see coming.

Was is a TSD only tourney? or a multi style event. Its been a while since ive competed, reading your account has got me in the mood for a competition now.

6. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Yeah silly me, I didn't name the forms..

My wife did Kong Sang Koon and I did Sei-Shan. She is a forms champion, she has won women's forms so many times we have a room dedicated to her trophies. What was special about this one is that is was an I.T.F. Tae Kwon Do tournament - invitational. There was another gentleman there that did an Ishin Ryu form, and the rest of the folks did I.T.F. Tuls.