Talio Silat

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Arnisador78, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Arnisador78

Arnisador78 New Member

I just had the pleasure of training under Tuhon Roberto Torres again. He comes down to Florida a couple of times a year. He is unbelievable. Since I can't train with him all the time, I am going to buy his videos. Have any of you ever trained with him?

Arnisador78

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I've known him online for several years, but just met him for the first time in person on July 4 weekend. Good guy and very good martial artist :)

Mike

3. taliosarah

taliosarah Valued Member

Hello all!

This is my first post to this particular forum & it's great to see there's a silat section. This thread looked like a good place to start, so here goes...
    I'm Sarah & a daughter of Tuhon Roberto Torres.

Florida was a great vacation. While we were there last we were able to visit Ama Guro Raffy Pambuan & his students, which is always great to see them.
    It was also nice to meet you Mike on the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time at that event.

Well, see you on the other threads!

4. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome Sarah,

Nice to have you onboard I hope you find the forum enjoyable and look forward to hearing more from you :)

5. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Hi Sarah. You were the daughter at Sama Sama, right? If so, then I met you briefly there (I was the red headed guy with the beard who trains with Guru Ken Pannell). Fantastic boxing exhibition, there, BTW (assuming it was you there :) )

Mike

6. taliosarah

taliosarah Valued Member

Melanie, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Hello Guru Mike, Yes we did meet I'm the one who assisted my dad, did some demonstrations. My mom & other sisters were there too. We were all there. We had a great time too! :)

Arnisador... I'm sure we met as well. :)

Thanks for the compliment on my boxing Guru Mike... I have much more to improve. hehe :D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2003
  7. taliosarah

taliosarah Valued Member

Oh yeah... there's a Talio Silat seminar in Washington coming up in the beginning of October... more info at our site, link in my sig file... thought you would all like to know that :D