Taiji in Melbourne??

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by nzric, May 22, 2004.

1. gakami

gakami Valued Member

I've got exams coming up over the next 3 weeks but should be relatively free after that if you want to meet up for a chat. I still say we could muster a bunch of MAPers and meet up in a bar or something.

I can't remember if I asked you earlier in this thread but since you're up early in the parks, do you see the Falun Gong people doing their meditations often?

2. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

when do you finish your exams? Could meet up sometime in mid-June (maybe Sunday 19th or the week from Monday 20th?).

Central city would probably be the best option, so it's easy for everyone to get to. Anyone is welcome, make it at a bar so it's easy to find (and also because a warm bar and cold beer are always a good idea).

Only ever seen one person doing tai chi and two doing qigong since I've been in Melbourne - which is a bit of a change from Sydney (lots of tai chi there).

3. gakami

gakami Valued Member

My last exam is on 16 June. We can make plans when we get closer to it, unless you want to start a thread calling for a Melbourne MAP get together?

How about a place like The Croft Institute, or Kitten Club, Double Happiness, Robot Bar?

4. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Croft Institute is pretty good. Haven't been to the others (haven't been in Melbourne long) but wherever is good.

MAP get togethers are pretty hard to organise - just ask the Sydney fellas! We should probably keep it fairly small with a few people then build on it, rather than try to get everyone there at once from the start.

Sometime at the end of June should be ok with me.

5. gakami

gakami Valued Member

It's OVER .. ALL OVER.. I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE