Taiji energy problems

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by hegu, Aug 26, 2015.

1. hegu

hegu Valued Member

Hi everyone.. I have been a practitioner of taiji for many years. Ben doing mostly yang style. Recently i have encountered o problem that has been bothering me and my general state of being. After i do my taiji form.. and it can be jsut 1/3 of the form or only opening moves.. e feel a rush of energy to the back of my head. My eyes start to get watery and i feel dizzy and wierd. I really want to keep practicing, but i dont know what to do.. thanks for your thoughts

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

See a doctor.

3. hegu

hegu Valued Member

Hej.. I dont think that doctor can help me.. i think its something more on the energy level.. Im fine when Im not doing my taiji.. it only heappens when i start doing the form..

4. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Go and see a doctor.

5. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Yeah doctor for sure, that's not right at all

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

See a doctor

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

All good advice so far. In addition, consider seeing a doctor

8. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Don't forget he should see a doctor

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Okay then, don't go and see a doctor. Go and see a shaman.

Is that better? :confused:

10. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

What form are you doing when this happens? Or is it any form?

At least see a Dr. to rule out any health issues - first and foremost.

I really can't see why doing a TCC form would cause an "energy disruption."

Have you talked to your Sifu/ Instructor about it? If so, what did they say?

12. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

El Medico says

see a doctor.

Love, Doc.

Really, if that doesn't work out then you could look into trying to contact an internal alchemist or something. Just sayin',always check the radiator before you decide replace the thermostat.:)

13. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Sounds like low chi pressure.

Might ask the doctor to check your heart.

14. hegu

hegu Valued Member

Thanks guys for suggestions. I will go see a doctor about possible problems with my heart. I am doing Yang style taiji. My sifu said, that it might be a fajin problems and pour posture of mine. My head not straight enough. Will see what I can do.. Its funny that i I do a microcosmic orbit right after I experience that problem, i can pull the energy out of my head and into tantien.. and i feel fine afterwards.. Dont know why energy gets stuck in my head..

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Energy isn't getting 'stuck in your head'. That's nonsensical.

However.... if visualising the problem as being 'energy stuck in your head', and then visualising the 'energy' as moving to your 'tantien' makes the feeling go away, then at least you have a remedy. But of course a remedy is never as good as preventing something in the first place.

If your sifu has already told you that he thinks that you might be experencing discomfort because your head is 'not straight enough', then you might have an ACTUAL cause for the discomfort. I wonder, are you allowing tension to build up in your neck when you practise the form? Are you perhaps trying TOO hard to keep your head 'straight'?

16. hegu

hegu Valued Member

hei
    I went to the doctor.. when i explained him what its all about.. he wanted me to get on anti-depressives that i have a anxiety disorder.... so much about the medical view of things... i just walked out of the office..

17. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Are you saying that you have previously been diagnosed as having an anxiety disorder, or that your GP thinks that you might have one based on this recent visit? I'm unclear on that point.

18. hegu

hegu Valued Member

he said that i might have anxietz disorder after i told him what kind of feelings i have after my form...

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

And do you think he might be correct?

20. hegu

hegu Valued Member

no. i dont think how could this correlate to my feelings after i start doing the form...