Tai chi Yang style trad. 108 form [Tut Request]

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by rusilja, Jan 21, 2009.

1. DaveR

DaveR Valued Member

(Fire Quan - I tried to send you a message yesterday, not sure if I was doing it right - did you get it?)

Yeah when we train you can see the movements quite clearly - there's no real suggestion of something powerful going on that is barely perceptible - one way my teacher describes it is like the explosion of thunder and lightning.
    Not to say it can't be subtle, I just don't know.
    Either way, he attributes it to training hard, nothing else

2. DaveR

DaveR Valued Member

Thanks FireQuan - food for thought :)

I think a lot about my own training, and I guess this must be a natural progression as I'm starting to use the net to look at videos and stuff for the first time really I guess.

Thanks for the advice and one more question - obviously there's a lot (understatement) of material out there! Anything stand out for you you'd recommend?

3. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Hi Dave - I got your e-mail, but it wouldn't let me send one back. You need to rack up a certain amount of posts here before you can use the PM function - don't ask me why, but it's a lot, around 50 I think.

I live in Stockport, near Manchester, and it would be great to have someone over who is training in China. Maybe you could share a little of your Aikido and wushu.

To most rational people, including all the real wushu experts I've met or read from China, there's nothing magical about real skills - it only seems to be in the West that people want to believe that you can have super powered pushes without moving - and so they tell us that the fajing is internalized, and can't be seen.

4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Reading Wang Xiang Zhai was the most important thing for me - but his stuff was 'activated' for me by one key - someone told me that we appoint 'expectations' about things, then miss the real, simple truths because we refuse to see them, only wanting to see our expectations fulfilled. 'Dis' appointing expectations is the first step to realising what the real truths, skills, methods, meanings truly are. Once I saw that, everything fell in to place, step by step.

5. DaveR

DaveR Valued Member

Cheers!
    I'm actually back in the UK now, have been for a year but I spent 2 years in China - need to update profile I guess! I created it way back...
    I've got a really good mate / brother who lives in Manchester - do you have a school? I expect he'd be interested too and maybe we could come down some time?

6. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

You'll both be more than welcome. It saves a lot of time if people are used to China style training.

7. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

E-mail me again, Dave, with your e-mail address if you like, and I'll e-mail you, then we can have a chat. I've retired from teaching publicly now, and only teach privately. I always recommend the JinLong society, under Chen De Qing, for people looking for serious level CMA tuition in the Manchester area at a regular class.