tai chi video tutorial

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Sarute Uchizaki, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Sarute Uchizaki

Sarute Uchizaki Valued Member

Hi! can anybody give me a suitable website for tai chi tutorials with good explanation of each technique?

I really suck at tai chi!

2. embra

embra Valued Member

If you are referring to TCC applications online - which are more fundamental than the forms, there is no comprehensive resource.

You can go to the 'classic' texts and dubious translations, and that is probably as good a set of explanations as you will find. I find the classics texts and their interpretations way too dry.

Best you can do is go to teachers and students interested in the applied applications, who are generally few and far between.

3. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

Wouldn't your teacher be a better guide for that?

4. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

If it's apps you're after,Yang,Jwing-ming's books have multiple apps for the same postures/sequences.

But if you truly have lousy TC it's a moot point.Until you learn the TC body methods and power development you'll just be doing bad TC anyway.

If what you're inquiring about is form lessons,forget it. Unless you already really know what you're doing,which I must figure from your statement about yourself you don't.

5. embra

embra Valued Member

Just checked these out on Amazon Doc, never seen them before. Look like they may have some decent coverage.

6. Imkevin

Imkevin New Member

7. Sarute Uchizaki

Sarute Uchizaki Valued Member

Thanks for the link! But i cannot afford to pay. nevertheless, I've been able to download the movements of tai chi. its quite interesting. I would have preferred a free video tutorial.

8. embra

embra Valued Member

I honestly do not believe that you can learn much from vids unless you have some backround under your feet, and even then, its largely just a point of reference, nothing more.

However, Ian sinclair who recently posted on this site, has a decent site with some helpfull vids www.taichicentral.com.

Ian's vids are generally demonstrating principles in 2 man drills, not specific applications as per say e.g. Grasping the Bird's Tail, Brush knee twist step, Parry and Punch etc. Though Ian may come back and comment a bit more.

9. embra

embra Valued Member

Blasted double post twaddle! Hasn't caught me out for a while.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012