tai chi controlling chi energy

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by snewchybewchy, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

Qi is real

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

No, you can keep it up to show people what a classless loser you are. I tried to keep the discussion civil but since you insist on acting juvenile...

3. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Dude, panda, not helping.

4. AndrewTheAndroid

Do you think that unicorns and fairies are real too? Keep clicking your heels together and saying "Qi is real." Maybe it will come true.

5. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

Yeah I do

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The above warning goes to both of you. If you continue, your posts will be deleted and further action may be taken.

I tried to give a polite warning, please don't ignore it for a second time.

7. AndrewTheAndroid

Well I am finished here anyway. I am not going to waste any more of my time if he's just going to keep acting this way.

8. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

No what you're talking about is an Hypothesis, not a theory. A theory is a theory, an hypothesis is an hypothesis, a theory that isn't a theory would be, well, not a theory. So, it can't detect the specifics of qi? I'm afraid you're going to have to expand on that for the unenlightened ( I may refer to myself as 'endarkened' in future and possibly grow a beard and start wearing chainmail), because it doesn't seem to mean very much to me. You're characterising my position as a position of belief, however 'belief' is when one thinks something is true in spite of either a lack of evidence to support it, or evidence which disproves it. I think it's fair to say belief doesn't enter into the equation from my perspective.

9. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

I think some people on this thread are on the wrong forum and should be in this one instead.

I'm not even joking, it will probably be more welcoming to your opinions, and the constant feedback loop of confirmation will get you so deep in your beliefs you'll have to be dug out with a shovel.

10. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

good points, shot you a pm

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Thank you for that Falcord. I've just found a way to while away the boring morning commute. :)

12. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

I wouldn't even waste my time on that kind of forum.The majority of people that frequent those sort of forums are not serious practioners and many have personal problems and are looking for group support to prop up their fragile personalities. The insults here have never bothered me as I am a practioner of more than a couple of decades and very secure in my practice.

Personally I am not interested in convincing anyone.Why should I be? I don't teach and have no financial interest in qigong so its no skin off my nose if people wish to disbelieve what I am saying.For the record even Sun Lutang was skeptical until he experienced qi for himself.So if one of the greatest Chinese boxers of all time and founder of my school thought it was bull at one time I am not going to be offended if anyone on here feels the same.In fact being skeptical is a healthy state of mind and I would be worried if everyone took what I said at face value.The truth is that unless you practice you will never get to the bottom of this and will always be left wondering.

13. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

I have the recipe, and it works great.

If you don't want to do the recipe, that's your choice, but for people that have done the recipe we don't care if you don't want it, you have to do the work yourself to find out if the recipe is real, which takes a lot of time and work, we can't do it for you.

So don't complain if you can't find it, its your fault, its not our fault for not proving it to you.

Just because you can't use or find it doesn't mean other people can't, you just can't follow the recipe, that's what you said earlier ?, isn't it!

Its your loss, not ours.

Cheers

14. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

I missed this post.All good athletes develop kineasthetic feeling but I have not met any who mention the feelings associated with qi.Years ago I had a conversation with a famous martial artist about his method of natural movement and he told me to feel how my body was connected and pointed out that I wasn't looking for sensations of qi.I practiced what he had told me for quite a while and eventually found this natural movement that I later based my striking on.At no time did I experience qi sensations when doing this work.

This is part of the actual letter that is relevant to this discussion.

This reply is certainly relevant to the movement of tai chi but the cultivation of qi can be done whilst standing still,sitting or lying down.In fact it works best when there is as little movement as possible.What was desribed in the above letter would be of little use when lying down other than being able to feel the heartbeat,and in experienced practioners,the blood flow and its underlying pulse throughout the body.

15. AndrewTheAndroid

Typical copout excuse. The burden of proof rests on the people who are making the claims, not the sceptics. Since you have the "recipe" and "it works great" then by all means, go ahead and demonstrate it.

After all recipes are replicable.

16. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Then why are you still here telling us about it?

17. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

I demonstrate it all the time, if we ever meet, maybe I'll show you.

The best way to experience it, is hands on experience, you won't see it in a video, only its effect, and then you still will not know what really happened.

Its internal, unless you have "special internal glasses", you won't see the internal movement, you need to feel it.

Cheers

18. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Nice guy I guess, why else would someone share this.

Also I want to promote real workings of MA, not commercial B/S in search of a buck that seems to dominate most MA.

Cheers

19. embra

embra Valued Member

If your 'internal' movement needs to be 'felt', then why bother coming to MAP to gas away about it? Can you describe what you do to generate 'internal' movement?

20. AndrewTheAndroid

No the best way to test it is in a controlled environment while being monitored with various diagnostic machines. You know machines that can monitor what's going on inside the human body? Kind of hard to confuse those with magical internal glasses. Also I've had the hands on experience, it means nothing and it proves nothing.

Frankly I don't think you are going to do that because I don't think that you, like many other chi fanatics, are brave enough to risk your beliefs being proven false.

You have no more evidence than I would if I said that those sensations were caused by cosmic hedgehog rainbow fecal matter. If you don't want to believe in rainbow fecal matter, that's your choice. I however have been cultivating my rainbow fecal for years and the results have been undeniable. Rainbow fecal matter is something that can felt. It feels different for everyone, some people feel hot, others feel cold, but those sensations are definitely caused from cosmic hedgehog rainbow fecal matter and definitely not Qi. I could put a video up on youtube, but you'd only see the effects. It's internal, unless you have "special internal glasses" you won't see the internal movement, Rainbow fecal matter needs to be felt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.