tai chi controlling chi energy

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by snewchybewchy, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

There is nothing that can be done with Qi that cannot be done with BT (as identified) or just "body feel". No matter how much people refer to "feeling it " (and personal feeling being the single WORST inidcator of all) there is still nothing doen that cannot be replicated.

Is it easy? no! You still have to train and practice the damn thing, but the more I trained over the years the less mysterious it became.

It is nothing to do with technology/Western paradigms/Secular humanist/skeptics et al and everything to do with common sense

2. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Ahhh, I see, wisdom of the ancients, modern technology not all that, 'scientists' just have 'theories' (you do know what a scientific theory is right?), We got along fine without it technology. I get frustrated at lost knowledge too, but seriously, you don't think modern technology and medicine might have improved our quality of life, health and life expectancy just a little bit?

So far as Qi goes, you haven't really pinpointed any proof of it's existence beyond the fact that you feel it, I'm afraid that doesn't do much to convince me.

3. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

If you want to find out how little modern man knows, watch the television series "Ancient Aliens" . Modern man is clueless on things done and left behind from the past.

Man cannot even find the median that gravity uses to project its force on everything, but we live in the effect of gravity everyday, so if man can't explain it, why does it still effect us?

Get your head out of the sand, man has a long way to go in explaining a lot of things, I mean most things.

Cheers

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Im sure you're trolling. That show was widely mocked.
    even better that it spawned a hilarious meme.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDKvWiToj8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDKvWiToj8Y[/ame]

He's not saying its aliens...
    But it's aliens.

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEfrSaeor6s&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEfrSaeor6s&feature=related[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUHk9FLZMf4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUHk9FLZMf4&feature=related[/ame]

God. what nonsense have you suggested.

6. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

These discussions always end in farce.

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Please, end it.

8. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Ya, right, one day you should try to think for yourself.

Mocked by who ?, idiots?

Some authority figure that says it was all done with a hammer and ropes.

You probably haven't even watched it!

Try making some real comments instead of sticking your head in the sand.

Cheers

9. embra

embra Valued Member

Another pointless Chi thread...

What I find sad in these chi farce threads is that it becomes impossible to have an intelligent discussion about what Nejia is usefully all about.

I can't count how many have descended into mystical garbage, hocus-pocus pseudo science and insult trading.

In amongst all the dross stuff there were some good posts from Putrid, Cloudz and a few others.

10. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

lol. you didn't even read what I wrote. I never said modern technology couldn't detect anything, just not the specifics of Qi. A theory doesn't equal scientific theory(I can explain in a message if you want).....But, as the others are right in calling for an end to this pointless debate; believe w/e you wanna believe. You don't believe in Qi, then that's ok too. I respect that. There's no forcing here lol, I'm not Cortez.

11. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I choose not to accept people's claims without verifiable evidence. You, your "friend" and the thousands of chi believers that came before you have all failed at providing any good evidence to Qi's existence.

So now the people who came up with the concept of chi and have based most of their medicinal practices under the framework that chi exists have nothing to do with Qi? The fact that there are no quantitative measures for what chi actually is, is only further proof that it doesn't exist. You are admitting you yourself don't know what it is now, but you are trying to tell me with certainty that some physiological processes can be attributed to it? This is nonsense.

Never, once in my life have I ever said that we have all the answers. What I am saying is that there are things we don't know now, but there is no reason we can't figure it out in the future. If we want to further our advancement, then we have to do it with current scientific methodology and not try to retro actively fit outdated concepts to explain things.

How come ancient Greeks could make Greek Fire but not us? That is a simple one to answer. Because they knew the recipe and we don't. It's not that we are incapable of making, but that the exact formula was lost. We can make different variations, we could even make the right one, but because we don't what the original was, there is no way to replicate it.

We might not be any better at answering some things than our ancestors were, but that doesn't mean that in the future we won't be able to answer those questions. But we are definitely not going answers those questions using outdated cultural concepts such as chi.

You are really confused. I never said anywhere that any equipment can quantify Qi. I am saying that it can't because it doesn't exist. Your "friend" is working with bad science, because as I've said he retroactively fitting an outdated concept to a modern day phenomenon. Am I really to believe that this is the definition of qi that the people who came up with qi were using? It's definitely not.

If you want to know who my friends are, well I have a doctor in my family and several nurses, I also have friends who work for NASA.

I'd also like to point out the irony of your friend using modern equipment that you are so set against.

http://encyclopedia.farlex.com/Blood+circulation+effects+on+energy+level

As well as the heat produced generally by cells during respiration, some parts of the body, such as the liver and muscles, produce heat in the course of their activities. This heat is transported by the blood to warm other parts of the body. As the temperature of the body rises, the flow of blood into vessels in the skin increases as a result of small arteries expanding, and excess heat is conveyed to the surface where it is lost. When the temperature of the body drops the flow of blood to the skin is restricted. Thus, the circulatory system acts as a natural thermostat allowing the body to maintain an optimum and stable temperature.

There you have an explanation of how heat is distributed and dissipated without qi.

And we get along a lot better with it. If we followed your advice and tried to keep healing and treating ailments with chi, instead of improving our understanding of medicine and how the body works then we'd still be in the dark ages. Because of modern technology, deaf people can hear, paraplegics can get around more easily, people with cancer have a fighting chance. But I guess all that doesn't matter to you since you think technology is such a huge waste and think our time would be better spent on "feeling" our "qi."

12. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

A for effort. I could point out more things wrong with your post here and attack you in retaliation again, but what's the point? We're both overfocusing on certain aspects of each other's posts and going overboard with it. You don't think it exists, I do. I'm gonna go do some training instead of wasting time here before ppl start wondering if I even do MA?

13. AndrewTheAndroid

The point is that we're having a debate. One that you cannot win because you do not have one shred of proof that chi exists and have to rely on a vague, shifting definition of the word "chi."

The whole of you argument can pretty much be summed up as "I don't know how that works so therefore chi." Until you can prove that chi exists, you are going to have to stop expecting people to believe your claims just because you said so.

14. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

k, i'll get on it right away

15. AndrewTheAndroid

Take your time. Nobody is holding their breath.

16. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

lol, you need to get laid bro

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Let's not resort to insults please.

18. AndrewTheAndroid

Bro? You look so intimidating.

[​IMG]

19. jer45

jer45 Valued Member

whoa, that's considered an insult? ok I apologize then. Should I be deleting that?

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

No, just stick to the topic please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.