tai chi controlling chi energy

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by snewchybewchy, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. embra

embra Valued Member

How can 36 pages be filled with such hogwash?

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

because farm animals run in circles, it's up to the farmer to catch them.

flowery expressions and metaphors like the one above rather than clear definitions are the reason.

3. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

An the original question was: hi does tai chi help you master your chi energy ? i dont know much about tai chi and not looking for a big long descriptive answer. and if it does help how does a person go about learning how to use chi energy. thanks

:)

4. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

Because you are talking about techniques, if you route of how to drive from point A to point B, that is like technique, now you are pedaling a bicycle and I am riding a motor bike, which one is less effort to go from a to b?, that's more what internal is, not the actual road directions, but the vehicle used.

Cheers

5. embra

embra Valued Member

Circular discussions about chi-eese in the great classics of Taichi-farming I suppose.

A few pointers:-
    1)Chi is really not my bag of tea or 'cha'.
    2)When talking of 'have you read the Tai Chi Classics', Robin Hood of Sherwood Forrest is really spouting bog-trotting twaddle of the highest order. For the sake of argument, the "Tai Chi Classics" is a fairly arbitrary set of texts written in classical Chinese, hence not discernible in original form to anyone on this site, approximately 99% of the western world and probably 99% of the Chinese speaking world. Why not discernible? - because you need to a) read classical Chinese and b) have context and experience of a lot of martial TaiChi - and not just the flowery waffly chi-eesey parts - these 2 qualities tend not to go together.

For everyone who wants to become an instant Chi-eese master, you can always can always go to the source of Chi-eese wikiChi-eese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_chi_classics

However, beware; all the English translations are that, translations. There are very few experienced translaters who are experienced in TaiChi that I pay any attention to:- Dan Docherty and Marnix Wells spring to mind. If you read Dan's "Decoding the Classics for Martial Artists" or any of Marnix's published titles, you will get some idea how complex and difficult this is. Yes there is the occasional mention of Chi, Shen etc, but it is incidental NOT primary material.

I think Cloudz is reasonably up on the classics.

3) My definition of Chi - more or less Koyo's :- martial spirit and intent.
    4) RobinHood is a bigger spoofter than TaiJiLou.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  6. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

There are volumes of books dedicated to that subject, I don't think a paragraph would cover it all.

Cheers

7. embra

embra Valued Member

What earth is 'internal' about riding a motor-bike?

8. embra

embra Valued Member

Come back fiercehadou...

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

fiercehadou had real chi-eese.
    the type you put in sandwiches with ham and crisps

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Well played sir!

:happy::happy::happy:

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

About that lineage...

And if one paragraph won't cover it try two

12. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

It's all well and good until you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere... :whistle:

13. embra

embra Valued Member

Call Kuma...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4uxIo4t7xM"]Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters - YouTube[/ame]

14. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Who do I have to kill to get Robinhood banned???
    His trolling got seriously annoying! In the beginning, because of him many big discussions took place and many educated and experienced guys participated and a ton of interesting things were discussed (well aside Robinhood's useless posts), so I was in a strange way grateful to him, but now we hit a wall with this fellow.

Seeing him insulting indirectly people with 20 times his brains and martial arts experience and ending his insults with the ironic "Cheers" really gets on my nerves!!

15. embra

embra Valued Member

When confronted with the chi-eese of Hadou...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiR25MgYlTM"]The birth of a new martial arts system......The way of the (?) - YouTube[/ame]

there is only one answer...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmSSVt7Mfkk"]Nukem! - YouTube[/ame]

16. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

.............and it not be in the Ninjutsu forum?

:evil:

:D

17. embra

embra Valued Member

Classic reposte Dean!

18. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

RH, let me ask a simple question. You said

How about if we get rid of all the noise words and simply ask:

Is it a mechanical process?

I don't care if it can be imitated or duplicated or understood or explained in either English or Chinese. I don't care if it is a trick or not and I not asking about any of that stuff. just, is it a mechanical process?

The correct answer is yes or no. You may then pontificate to your hearts content.

19. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

can you answer my question robinhood.

regular body use or energy/force etc

So I know in what context to take your posts?

20. embra

embra Valued Member

Snake-oil salesman flogging chi-eese on toast

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFyMEM4354"]ZAPPA CLASSIC-"COSMIK DEBRIS"-New Video by Matthew Shelly!! - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.