Tai Chi Chuan

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by jimbo1, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Please stop talking about Richard Dunn when he is unable to defend himself. You guys should have better things to do than slander members who are no longer around.

2. Egghead

Egghead New Member

You really are an odd biased individual!!!

For weeks there have been fairly continuous examples of slander and insult aimed at Richard, no comment from you :bang:

One person dares to agree with him and supports his statements so you tell him to shut up :confused:

3. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I told EVERYBODY to shut up. Seeing as I have a life, I can't be expected to edit every word of people's posts, especially since they have a right to say what they like (within reason). Therefore, I allow people the latitude to monitor their own behavior and hope that I won't have to step in. Now I've stepped in. Knock it off, all of you.

5. Egghead

Egghead New Member

Once again wrong person.

Though I have had the "pleasure" of meeting you at the Tian seminar.

Due to the continual insults and the complete word and concept twisting that has gone on, Richard agreed with us (his instructors) to do a public energetic seminar (if pre booked).

He asked another first who was refused access for some reason. I agreed but said I would not post apart from that, but I have read the posts each day with complete bemusement and finally had to react.

If this is the standard of moderation no wonder the list is such a childish mess.

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Earlier today I got reading a bit into the link posted by Rob. heres a post by el medico i really like thought it was worth re posting (hope he or you, *whoevers reading* doesn't mind :) )

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  7. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

So what you're saying is that you're here only because a banned member asked you to post something. Is that correct?

8. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Taking head shots isn't something to brag about.

9. The Ottoman

The Ottoman New Member

i can brag what i want son,

Sami will be in a reality show soon, shall i brag on about that...
    i havent come here to fool around, Sami will be in Japan soon at
    Pride. Sami is known for fighting anyone even challenging heavier people.
    people dont stay up and strike with Sami, maybe in the old days but
    these days people just wanna take him down to the floor because
    they know he is weaker there.

10. Bompu

Bompu New Member

Very few Americans know the fighting side of Taiji and can teach it well.

But in China there are still alot of Tai Chi badasses. My teacher learned Tai Chi from Lin Ah Long, a man who only used Tai Chi when fighting and was very good. He could easily throw people around with barely any effort and had the flexibility and strength to escape any qin na leverage.

Cheers,
    Rob

11. Qasim

Qasim Valued Member

Your lack of respect for your elders, and your age (or lack thereof) is showing. Save that for the KIDS you hang out with.

Again, taking headshots is NOT something to brag about.

12. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

That’s a statement that can only be made if you have put yourself into a situation where taking headshots is a possibility.

I doubt that you have done and I know (unless your a pro boxer) that you have not done so on the same level as Sami.

The ability to take a head shot is worth bragging about.....just because it means that you have been there, been tested and that you know you can, instead of thinking that you might, and know what is involved.

13. Taiji Butterfly

Modesty and humility are the qualities I look for in a Taiji warrior personally, not aggression and/or bragadaccio...
    Bragging is a bad quality in any human being imho - instant loss of respect and loss of face for the braggard...

:Angel:

14. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

While bragging does not take away from anyones martial ability (which is what I personaly look for in a TaiJi warrior....but hey, everyone has their values), it should be pointed out that Sami is not bragging about his ability to take a head shot, he has not even ever visited this web site from what I can tell.

It is Sami's brother bigging up Sami's ability....I just wish I had a younger brother who looked up to me like that.

15. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

As as aside, do you really consider yourself a Tai Chi Warrior? :confused:

16. The Ottoman

The Ottoman New Member

by the way i am older then Sami haha, assumptions can be a killer.
    I respect all my elders, Its sometimes when i check forums like this
    i see alot of bs about people talking about theory too much but when it comes to the real test they have no idea where they are
    they are in another world. We have been fighting all ours lives and we
    love it, comes natural.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2006
  17. Taiji Butterfly

Didn't say, or even suggest, that it did. There are plenty of arrogant tossers in this world who are great martial artists - I don't respect any of them either tho... :D
    You probably need to get out more then imho
    I don't consider myself to be anything at all. I'm just an ordinary person following a path. :cool:
    I was really referring to others who practise Taiji ....I dislike the expression "Taiji player". "Taiji practitioner" sounds a bit rubbish as well.
    Taijiquan is a warrior art is it not? Hence Taiji Warrior.
    :Angel:

18. Taiji Butterfly

Hmmm "how to win friends and influence people" eh?
    Just checked out your website btw.... :D :D :D

19. The Ottoman

The Ottoman New Member

20. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

I think there is something wrong with a person if he actually LIKES to fight. To me, fighting is hardcore blood and guts stuff, and it's something I don't want to do just for fun. I think if you like to fight, you may have a personal issue that needs to be worked out. I am more from the self-defense school of thought. If attacked, I will try my best to get you out of my face, but it is not something that I wish for. I'm just sick of seeing so many macho men talking about how much they love to fight and it comes natural to them. If you ask me, it's quite small minded of them givin the fact that fighting is more or less a young mans game anyway, and sooner or later we all have to deal with our own mortality.

Give me a break...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006