"Tai-Chi Belly"

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by RAGINGbuddha, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Positional control, then submission/destruction, being able to escape, if it's in his boot it hasn't been deployed so see previous etc

It's not going to take too much of a leap, you just need to drill weapon awareness and become familiar with edged weapon usage.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Hannibal: If you want proof, PM me and I will give you a series of yoga exercises to try for yourself. If you're not interested, that's fine.

Dean: Though I stay positive and upbeat and perhaps a bit flighty I do try and conduct myself in a non-threatening manner. I don't put on airs of authority because I can fight well. This isn't feudal Japan, but when I'm in the presence of a teacher I always show due respect and humility.

I've taken about 6 months of formal lessons for tai chi. It was enough to learn the form, even though you salad-bar traditionalists perhaps think it's important to founder for years before your instructor before they finally teach you how it's to be done? I've burned the midnight oil researching qigong and the things associated with tai chi. If you observed my form, you would note that it looks pretty darn good.

Best thing is to avoid violence, even if you're an expert. Any cop in the world will tell you that, Dean. Maybe ask Chuck Liddell what he thinks?

Weapon awareness? If this is your opinion, you're a fool and I'd never learn from you.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What school of yoga? I have experinece in at least three styles

I also practice a form from the Western Occult Tradition

None of which support ANY of your assertions about weather, Psi or any other such mcgubbins.

4. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

NOTE: when I opened this box of worms earlier in the thread I didn't attribute boiling blood to ch'i, but to aerobic processes.

Three styles of yoga? Impressive. You must be very interested in God. Me, too. It seems like we could get along. I read the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali regularly and I meditate at least one hour a day. That is what is known as "Raja Yoga", for the uninitiated out there.

Western occult tradition? Do you mean theosphapy?

If you want a Mcgubbin supersize, I will be happy to teach you how to experience this woo woo for yourself.

But since you follow the Vedas, you don't need me. You know it all, already. I probably don't have anything to offer you.

5. Dean Winchester

That has what to do with anything?

You started spewing stuff about BJJ and dealing with an armed individual, what do you think your good old BJJer isn't capable of walking away?

So in what way is drilling awareness of weapons foolish? How is being able to spot the signs that someone maybe carrying foolish?

What is foolish about integrating that into training?

What is foolish about knowing how an edged weapon could be used against you or where in the way you work you are open to such attacks?

What's foolish about knowing how a weapon user may counter what you attempt.

Please explain.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  6. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Yeah, I must've mentioned BJJ because something in your font makes me feel a bit edgy. Sorry about that, but you seem like a scary guy and I'd never go anywhere in public with ya.
    BJJ in general makes me a bit nervous, actually. Maybe it has something to do with ancient hidden techniques for ripping bodies to pieces and it becoming a main staple of the friday night primetime lineup on tv? Yeah, I've got a big problem with UFC, I think.

But I gotta tell ya, on the same hand; every system has it's flaws. I've met some bikers out west that I'm pretty sure could knock the snot out of anyone I've ever seen on television. So in another light, maybe I'm trying to keep things in perspective.

But then, I seem to be the only guy on this sight who isn't trying to be the biggest rooster in the yard. I've got an idea; let's all get off this website and start training. That's what I'm gonna do anyway. I don't wanna get a tai chi belly.

7. Hannibal

No i mean Western Occult Tradition, with roots in Thelemic teachings but not dogmatic adherence to them.

Theosophy is not something I have any interest in, especially considering the exceptionally dubious origins of that movement

I do not "know everything" - in fact I do not consider myself adept in any way shape or form, but I do know a lot more than you seem to think I do. Remember that in life as in poker you could be facing a man who can bluff well - or I could have a royal flush

8. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Thelemic? You mean Alister Crowley. So then let me get this straight:

You're a Satanic Witch Priest police officer who mulls around a dignified martial arts website to antagonize anyone who shares similar interests? The plot keeps getting thicker. I think I'm going to leave you alone.

I don't like Alister Crowley. I practice yoga. Qi cultivation is for health; magic is for people who are power hungry.

I understand, though. This online thing is just a bit of fun. Stay safe out there, officer. It's not an easy job, but all that good karma will pay off one day.

9. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

The moment when you realize you probably made the wrong career choice... :(

10. Hannibal

Crowley is certainly neither a Witch nor a Satanist and I have no idea where the priest bit came from

Other than that 100% wrong so good try

Perhaps try reading some of Crowley first

And I reciprocate your wishes for safety out there

11. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I read Alister Crowley's autobiography.

Hey, YOU said you practice Thelemic traditions.

12. Dean Winchester

So why is weapon awareness foolish? In the gibberish above you seem to have missed actually answering.

If even you can be aware that systems have flaws or gaps then why is weapon awareness foolish?

For the record I don't train in BJJ and I've probably only ever watched about ten MMA fights.

So you don't think that by making up stories about getting into fights and giving out advice which you claim is based on training, when in fact you've had very little, isn't trying to be the biggest rooster?

13. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

what is your art then? certainly not tai chi......?

14. Hannibal

You mean Autohagiography surely?

15. Dean Winchester

Nope not Tai Chi and haven't said it was.

You know you can check a person's profile?

I train in a couple of Koryu.

16. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

oooooh oh oh oh. you're a ninja.

then I think our conversation is over. goodbye.

17. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

the man was a murderer.

18. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Define "respect" then. :rolleyes:

19. Hannibal

Errr...no he wasn't

Clearly you have read nothing

20. Dean Winchester

Nope.

Ignoring your incorrect usage of the term, why would you come to that conclusion when I say I study Koryu.