TAGB stuff.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Taliar, Feb 25, 2005.

1. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

TAGB done good! What an amazing night, was worth all the traveling I did! :D

2. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

The lau Gar guys used to be a formidable force in my days of competition from the open cicuits & they were always invited to the GTI competitions they were so quick with there hands.

Good t a hear Warren Vice is still working hard and keeping up a standard.
    I did my instructors alongside Warren, Nice guy and in no way seemed arrogant about his talent.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Travelling? :)

So, Andy Deer robbed in his second fight or what? If that was a draw I'm Kenny Walton.

Mitch

4. Mitch

They did have quick hands, but so did everyone else, and they really didn't show much with their legs at all. I thnk they're a young team so no doubt they'll get there.

Warren has always seemed like a nice guy whenever I've talked to him. :)

Mitch

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I had a good night. Was a nightmare getting there from london as J29-J30 was closed :( but got there just in time. I was sitting near the top table with a red and black hoodie on dont no if anyone saw me.

Anyway it was an amazing display of MA at its best. I have to agree with you Mitch the Lau Gar and colne Valley just didn't seems to shine that night. Which was dissapointing because I was looking forward to Lau Gar. There was one fighter from that team who did really impress me but the rest didn't really.

What team was TAGB fighting first? As I filmed some of the fights and want to put them on youtube but want to put who they were fighting.

6. Mitch

I think it was the WKA team Jamesy; I'm not 100% sure but I think so.

Mitch

7. stefthewise

stefthewise (Modestly self-titled)

So, y'all going to the British this weekend? I'm looking forward to it :D

8. Mitch

Can't make it, I'm hopefully at a seminar. I presume you're competing so best of luck :)

Mitch

9. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTYfpZAUQA0"]YouTube- Warren Vice Clash of the Titans[/ame]

10. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

i travelled from Bradford to Bristol (instructors course) on sat morning

course finished at 5pm

travelled form bristol BACK more or less home, to huddersfield

then i slept at 2 am - up at 5 am again - dropped mr walton at home and then went BACK to Bristol on sunday. Did the 2nd day of the Instructors and travelled back to bradford!!!!!

yes lots of travelling!!!!

but worth every moment! hahaha.

:D

11. Mitch

Streuth! Have you just woken up again? :)

Mitch

12. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTw3xr3TqYg"]YouTube- Steve Fox Clash of the Titans[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  13. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

Was a great night & nice to see some of my old team mates kicking **** once more! I thought Jimmy was outstanding & took apart a couple of very good fighters from WKA & Shori. He was My fighter of the night for sure!

Got stuck in the traffic too ended up taking me almost 8hrs to get there instead of 4. Got in just in time to see the first match thank god. Long way to go to miss it!!!

Lau Gar were poor yes.... Just showed how the TAGB have continued to grow & get stronger in the 18yrs since their last clash where as the other teams have either dissapeared or splintered off etc.

14. Mitch

I think the other thing that showed was that the TAGB guys were just fitter than many of their opponents. Apparently Mr Walton has been beasting them for a good hour or so before the start of national squad training :D

You should get an APTI team together 2Sweet, renew some old friendly rivalries :)

Mitch

15. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I heard a rumour that as a result of the coverage of this year's event, a combined team from the U.S.A. and Canada might make an appearance in 2010. Possible names include Ross Levine, Raymond Daniels and Jason Bourelly.

16. Mitch

Ooh, exciting! Where'd you hear that VZ?

Mitch

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I was on Facebook chat with Alex Lane, who is a member of Team Paul Mitchell (one of the top Karate teams in North America). The Clash is quite well known overseas, and many of the British WKA lads compete regularly at events like the U.S. Open. And held in high regard, too. The Americans seem interested in finding out more about the team who beat the WKA lot.

18. Mitch

Good name for a team of no doubt rock hard blokes that.

Mitch :)

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Yeah, tell me about it. I think they are actually sponsored by the hair dresser of the same name. They even wear purple doboks...

20. Mitch

No, no, really, it's a good name for a rock hard bloke. Don't make me come over there.

Ironic given my folically challenged nature :(

Mitch