TAGB British Championships

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Jamesy, Oct 17, 2005.

1. richt_uk

richt_uk Valued Member

Shame he didn't beat Warren, but he's gotta be pleased with 3rd!

2. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

My first fight was nearly a bye too! They called my name and I got up straight away and they called her about four times and no one came up but at the last minute she got up. :(

I hate drawing too. It was horrible. I was exhausted as well by the end of it and for a split second the thought entered my mind 'I could just let her have it'. I do wonder now if that didn't affect the outcome and if I was defeated psychologically. :confused:

I know! I should have hung back and just played defence! But after she got in a couple of points I didn't know how far ahead I was... especially after she punched me in the nose and I just totally lost track of everything around me. :(

I really wanted to meet you too! Maybe next time. :)

3. julesgrant22

julesgrant22 New Member

Cavallin - I know what you mean about snapping out of a mood and it was nice to see a familiar face. Once my instructor sorted me out, I was in a totally different mood. I found it very difficult being on my own from my club and next time will insist on kidnapping my boyfriend from work so I have someone that isnt related to me - these radio DJs......

I only saw Cavallin and the Gould brothers - I did try to catch Craigs attention but didnt succeed. My family were desperate to get someone to sort me out!

I am soooo looking forward to the South-West cos I have friends competing and now Ive gotten the big one out the way! I didnt quite think about how I would feel when i saw the amount of people there. Ive been to the ice rink before for an ice hockey match and seen a full house so I knew how many to expect but didnt think about me actually competing which is where the freak out came from.

4. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

Jules don't worry about the panic attack... god I still get nervous now n I've been competing for 17 years lol.... Cavallin, did u ref any of the green belt men?? wasn't sure if that was you or not..... I was supporting a friend who started training with me before he properly started tae kwon do, so he's been doing bag work n slow kicking since day one...... (unfortunately he's picked up some of my bad habits too lol)

he's been beating everyone over the last year, so he's been getting a little cocky lol he did well on Sunday, but lost in the final.... the first fight he's lost in a year!!!! so i think he's come back to earth now ;) look out for him in the years to come (u can't miss him he's a 6ft 4 middleweight ) :eek:

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I did see an extremely tall person walking about. Dont no what belt he was as he had a coat on.

6. gould2

gould2 Valued Member

hi everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the competition, i do agree that the standard of patterns was very poor,I think that it was one off though.
    I believe that this years comp will be the last at the Coventry Skydome, as they are looking at holding at another venue in Coventry, apparently a 5,000 all seater arena.
    The only place that can be would be the new Ricoh Arena (home to Coventry City FC). so hopefully no more wet feet when sparring :)

Well it has got to be one of the most boring comps that i've been to, there was 19 officals on our ring which meant that i didn't get to do antything until 1pm. why do people not bother going to the regional comps and then come out of the woodwork and show there face at the 'big one' (and don't actually do anything) do they not understand that this annoys those of us who actually go to the others and work hard to ensure that these run successfully. :bang: :woo:

7. Gould

Gould Valued Member

I will try and post it up if i can work out how to do it!!

If you want a copy PM with your email address.

Sorry Jules, I was in a world of my own yesterday, first fight in 12 months so was a bit nervous all day.

8. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

great! i like the arena and all but when i performed in last years english champs there, the water was ridiculous. i think just after my fight that square was closed down. :bang:
    it just got too slippy and jumping kicks were totally out of the question. :eek:

9. KJ.

KJ. New Member

HEY ALL!
    Well done for all trying was a good day im still recovering and i didn't fight.LOL
    i went to bed at 3am sun morning and set off at 5am got there and started helping out at 8.45am and then sat at rink 4 and didn't really move ALL day except 15min lunch break untill 7.15pm ahhh was so tired. we had 17umpires and ref's but it ended up being the same ones doing every thing in the end as half the people just were SHOCKING! how can you do it wrong.lol! Well i knew the one lad. He did struggle at judging the patterns we all were giving about A 4' and he'd give a 7 or 8...he had to be swapped and only did one thing for the rest of the day as he just didn't click even when tought! I felt so sorry for him as every ones gotta learn some where. I talked to him and he's taking my advice and doing a few more small comps b4 any more biggys!
    Oh well alls not lost! I didn't get to meet antone! I was in the same place ALL DAY did anyone even notice me? (guess not..derrr)
    Ohh well i didn't get to watch anything than what was on my mat...saddly..hopefully i will be in the next one. HOPEFULLY i will be taking me OWN new students this time next year to the British...now that would be a privilage. (will hopefully have my own club in jan if all goes well.)

10. julesgrant22

julesgrant22 New Member

No worries Gould - I heard tonight that you watched my pattern which I thought was cool. Im coming to wantage again on sunday so if i see you, ill say hi.

I know where I went wrong and felt there was no power in it at all but Im looking forward to Grading.

11. ruskie77

ruskie77 New Member

hi all.
    just a quickie,
    firstly, cavallin, thanx thanx thanx!!! without you i'd have been taken out early on.
    honestly guys, if you ever get her in your corner, you get some wierd invincability cheat!
    i turned up onto the freezing cold surface, and so did about 30 other middleweights, didnt think i'd do too well, just as long as i wasnt going to be a first rounder, i'd have been happy. the weigh-in was a really nervous part, coz i'd been cutting weight for days and needed to loose quite a lot. i made weight by a gram, i guess! (exageration but illustrative)
    i met a lot of really nice blokes in my division, whilst waiting, but my first fight was the hardest, a smaller guy with exocet legs. the impact of which really took it out of me. just about won that one.
    cant really remember my second fight, was over really quick.
    then... me in my england dobok, came up against a serious competitor in a welsh one. i only just got the win with a last minute hook kick to the face. but full credit to him, he was good.
    then i started chatting to the eventual winner, nice bloke from bromly. he had the height advantage, but i had the cavallin-in-corner advantage! even stevens most of the way, but i got fatigued and couldn't present a decent guard. got picked off and lost 7-5. what made it ok was the fact that the winner was not a egotist, but we gave each other the mutual compliments after the fight. top man - bromley club member... you know who you are.

anyway, my lunch break has ended so i gotta go! will post again soon.

russ

thanks again cavallin!

12. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I was on area 4 for my fights, don't remember seeing you though. :confused:

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Whereabouts are you hoping to teach KJ?

Mitch

14. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

lol, it's called coaching :rolleyes: hehe. you had the skills, you just needed to learn the TAGB way. lol i sound like somekind of grandmaster now.
    anywho, i couldn't have gone up there without you either, so thanks for bearing with the chatterbox on the way up. (luckily for him i kinda fell asleep on the way back)

till next time!! we really should organise a time to meet like 1pm where no adults would have been competing. meh.

jules, have you got more info about the south west? i've never heard of it and we never got invited. cos it's the area of the academy, its bound to be a closed comp.

15. KJ.

KJ. New Member

:cry: Great!
    I was sat there doing the points (umless i had my 15min break at that particular time. lol
    Oh well no harm done!

16. KJ.

KJ. New Member

Ohh im setting a club up in POWYS!
    very boarder of wales yet i live in england...But theres not actually that many places around my way so at least i get to keep my main job and teach and keep my casual job as well. Hell im gonna keal over after all that!
    l :eek:
    But it will be under Don Atkins Gradings as im grading my students under my instructor in Hereford.