Tae Kwon Do Times

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

For anyone who has or hasnt heard of it, TKD has a great mag. called Tae Kwon Do times. Its a everything that you want to know in TKD.

The cover of the Sept issue, the president of Kickchick, and my org. will be on the cover. Congrats to him and the ITU.

www.taekwondo.to

2. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Congrats to your org. and of course to Master Merritt, I however don't agree with you Chazz about the mag. I think its way to commercial nowadays and filled with to many advertisments. Everynow and then though, I will give it credit, there is an interesting article.

3. Chazz

I do thing that there is a lot of commercial adds in there but I do love the articles in there. I find many in every issue that i like.

back to the adds. every mag that is out has a lot of that in there. They get paid to put them in there so i would be doing the same thing.

4. HKD

HKD New Member

tkd times is a good mag. for korean arts all togeather

hkd

5. waya

waya Valued Member

Chazz, I have that mag here. When I moved I actually moved to where it is published :)

6. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I was in an issue about 2 years ago. It was the one covering a trip to Korea and China... I was in the group that went there.

7. waya

waya Valued Member

I have to give credit to their editor. He puts stuff in there that I know has to get him flamed, no matter how true it is. The Sept issue has a nice example in it.

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Chazz I saw that the other day when I logged on to the site!
    I haven't subscribed to the mag in a while... need to resubscribe I guess! Actually you can purchase just that issue on the site.

As with all mags out there... way too many advertisements but at least it doesn't have those annoying perfume samples in it!:D

... actually when looking at the local newsstand ..I noticed there really isn't too many available... either they don't stock them cos they don't sell or I need to find a different store or just go online and subscribe to the diff MA mags out there.

9. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

.... i wish i was on the cover though.... my instructor wsa a cpl of times, but oh well. maybe some day ill get my glory, eh. Anyways congratulations.

10. Chazz

Most places dont have as many of the MA mags that they did at one time. So it is getting hard to find what i want to read.

11. waya

waya Valued Member

I'm lucky in that respect. Most all of them are available here because of the number of schools being so high. Check at bookstores in the mall, or the little mom & pop newsstands that carry magazines. They usually have them.

12. Chazz

been there done that. Dont have them. I have to go out of state to get TKD times

13. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

Well now, thanks to Grandmaster Jung (my TKD grandfather) that he is still putting out a mag for us Korean stylists to read. :D The one I used to read a lot of was Inside Tae Kwon Do. Haven't seen that one in ages.

Sorry I had to throw the plug in for the Grandmaster.....;)

14. Chazz

So are you saying that Grandmaster Jung out out inside TKD or is it another mad. If so what mag and how can we get it.

15. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

GM Jung Started TKD Times. The other mag I used to read but is not in printing anymore was Inside TKD. Sorry for the mix up. GM Jung is still president of TKD Times.

Pilsung!

16. Chazz

Killer to hear, Since your in godd with him, see if he can sent a few issues my way ;) hahaha

17. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

Sorry man, I don't know him personally.:( My master instructors were taught by him. I have never met him. Otherwise, I would ask for myself! hehe....:D

18. Chazz

I was just messin with ya dude.

19. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

I know. Notice the big cheese at the end of my post.

20. waya

waya Valued Member

I believe you mean Grandmaster Chung E. Kim? He started the publication in 1980, I am thinking of checking out his school again now that it is only 10 min from me.