Tactics

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Kenpoman, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

what Ninjutsu did you take? from who?

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I'm posting from my phone so I must have missed that. Still it's a bit vague as to what his actual experience is. He could be washing clothes for other sailors overseas for all we know.

Compare his bio to Ken Hackathorn's. He's a lot more specific about the key stuff Id be looking for as a trainer.

http://aliastraining.com/search.aspx?manufacturer=4

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I've studied Toshindo, Bujinkan, and Jinenkan. My instructors' instructors are Stephen Hayes, Bill Atkins, and Shawn Havens.

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

What I was really trying to say was the positioning was ideal, as even if he does fumble the guy's controlled pretty well and not going to be able to give much of a fight from there. You've got a knee pinning his head down, his arm is in a weak position so he won't be able to move it much, and he's not going to have much of a chance of rolling out of it to keep fighting. The most they'll probably do is bark, kick their feet, and flail their arm around to try to free themselves.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Saying you are an instructor on Ninjutsu is practically meaningless.

It's far too vague.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

That must mean they learned their lessons well.

7. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Are you referring to pic #3 where he has an arm across the bad soldiers neck? If so I disagree, with that much head control the takedown is going to happen from there IMO.

Bear in mind that I am a Ninjitsu Instructor.

8. Dean Winchester

What was your fight record and when did you fight?

Bollocks.

You posted an article with a couple of points which stand out as being less than optimal. Highlighting that has nothing to do with insecurity, odd that most of us have picked up on similar things isn't it?

If you hadn't bigged it up so much there probably wouldn't be the :eek: response you've got.

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Though a bit old fashioned and with some cheesy music rocking, at 1:20 would be my personal take on what to follow up with after an osoto gari.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK71_JV0sSM"]Short Waki Gatame clip.avi - YouTube[/ame]

10. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I was referring to pics #2-4, yes.

Haha, "the bad soldier?" Ahem. Yes, with his head rotated that far back you're absolutely right that proper weight distribution is far less meaningful. Then again, as compliant as bad soldier is, a gust of wind might successfully fell him. If bad soldier hadn't been essentially standing there waiting to fall over a leg, he could have struck Paul in the ribs, shoved Paul's right elbow out of his throat, breaking Paul's right-handed grip on bad soldier's right shoulder, or unsnapped and drawn Paul's pistol and shot him.

11. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Indeed, what people fail to recognize is the real art is what is not shown in those pics, how well you move between those snapshots is key, and require proper balance, weight allocation through low hips and solid structure. Without that, the pics don't mean much at all.

12. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

I don't know anymore guys, I guess talk with him to find out all I know is that when he taught our department it was awesome... So can we move on yet?

13. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

Thanks Matt, people just don't know all they want to do is assume, I would like for them to attend one of his seminar's and see what they would say in front of him.. Believe me people seems a lot tougher hiding behind a keyboard then in person. And they feel so much safer the further they are away. So guys there

14. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

?

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I am actually WORSE in person

16. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

I bet! lol... but that is what makes you!

17. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

*tips hat* - have attitude problem, will travel! lol :) :evil:

18. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

19. Dean Winchester

They'd probably ask him the very same questions.

You see questioning such things is not a sin and any reputable teacher would engage in such a debate and if they know their stuff could discuss the technicalities in relation to the context.

Let me say again you are the one that has tried to make this to be something it's not. The article was far from as awesome as you seem to think, it hasn't been anything new or revolutionary.

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Same here. My wife has actually told me that if she wasn't married to me, she probably would not be friends with me.