Tactics

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Kenpoman, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

You guys should check out this guy! I have seen many in the defensive Tactics world and he is one of the best Works with SEAL/s, Law Enforcement and all kinds of people. I have been Kenpo all my life and this guy is good!!

Please review MAP's policy on advertising. Thanks.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No he probably isn't - in fact he probably sucks as does your rather feeble attempt at spam.

If you are going to post a thread extolling someones virtues, it is probably best not to link to a supply store

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  3. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

And here I was hoping for a revelation.

4. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

Spam! what I was letting you know I found a cool dude. Thought I would sure. Isn't this a place to talk about stuff like that!

5. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

Spam! ha!

6. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

There is a correct way of going about things.

7. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

What's that?

8. Hannibal

You posted to a site about guns and supplies

If you have indeed "found a guy" then what is his name, qualifications and background? More to the point, what is your to make such a glowing assessment of him?

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

"You should check this guy out!" And it's your first post. With things like that we generally assume that you are either a) the guy in the video or b) affiliated with te guy in that video.

As a result the mods generally assume its a plug or some kind of advertising, which isn't allowed on MAP.

10. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Well Hannibal has already said this guy isn't much cop, so I doubt you'll get many converts here.

You can't just create an account and spam your club. Or the club/instructor that you want to tell people about. You can ask for the club to be added to the clubs directory, and have a tasteful discrete link in your sig.

I'm a little unclear myself on the correct way to highlight an instructor for discussion. Hopefully one of the mods can clear that up for you.

11. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Time for popcorn. :hat:

12. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

I have been studying for years with Larry Tatum in the Kenpo world and of course other stuff, But Kenpo I believe is one of the best systems in the world. I am currently a SWAT member to a respectful CA Department. Seen a lot of people, been through a lot of teachers and this guy can move. Thought I would log on to this site to find other Kenpo people, but with my first experience with people like yourself maybe this site isn't what I thought it would be.

13. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

In this life you get out what you put in.

14. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

@ Chadderz & Infesticon Thank you guys for letting me know that I was just trying to start a conversation but did not know how to, so I though I would this way. Thanks for letting me know!

15. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

I wanted to see other Kenpo people if there were any

16. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Ok so why is he so good?

What's so impressive about what he does and his background?

What area of Law Enforcement has he worked in?

How does your background in Kenpo relate to all of this?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  17. Hannibal

The link you posted was not to ANY instructor - hence my terse reply. You posted a link to a site that sells forearms equipment

I am active LEO and my Association teaches Special Forces and many Federal Agencies. I wil probably have some contacts in your dept actually.

So with that out of the way, who is this instructor you are talking about? Name him so we can at least make an attempt to salvage this trainwreck

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP :)

I'd suggest
    1. Pop into the introductions section and, well, introduce yourself. Say a bit about yourself, your interests, etc etc.
    2. If you want to chat kenpo with the kenpo folk, best post in the kenpo section :)
    3. Check MAP's terms of service (top right of the screen). We don't allow advertising and encourage links to answer questions etc.

As you can imagine, a first post asking people to check out another website raises suspicions.

Mitch

19. Kenpoman

Kenpoman Valued Member

Thanks I will do that next time, geeesh the 3rd degree!

20. ned

ned Valued Member

lifes a bitch aint'it ! :cool: