Swords are deadly

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by BGile, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

I Have to apologise for misreading doc_judes thread, but it is hard to folow when quoting some people in the normal blue highlighted manner and others including quotes within your regular text.

I am also sorry that my discussion has upset you so much to lower yourself to insults.

Even re-reading Pat's thread that you seem to be aiming at me also, I cannot help but read the term stupid as an interpretation of the word criminal.

Perhaps we should put this down to language barriers and also that our way of living without guns and dangerous weapons is past your comprehension as you have been a part of this lifestyle for so long. We really do not have threats around every corner like perhaps you do in the US of A, it is a whole different lifestyle here that there just is no need for swords to be sold to teenagers and this was my point that something needs to be done. I was never for a bann, but you seem to think I am.

I advised our recent problem in the UK is a rise of crimes using fantasy blades and swords by teenage children and I can quite honestly say that when I was a teenager I had a bad uncontrolable temper for a couple of years and had I of had easy access to such weapons during an argument with someone, I may have been one of these people looking back with regret. And I was brought up well with no reason to resort to this kind of behaviour, but when you see red, you see red. This was why I started martial arts in the first place, to channel my aggression of teenage hormones somewhere else.

So please advise, how they should prevent teenagers and young kids getting hold of such weapons, if they are not to make the adults responsible for the purchases?

I stopped selling live blades the day a women phoned up to buy a couple of sharp swords for her 13 year old son. I just could not see why anyone would willingly buy sharp swords for their young child. What would they really do with them? Put them on their wall and look at them maybe.....well buy blunt ones. But she actually said that he would be training with them. I am sorry if he is really learning to use them then each move will be a dangerous one, so you cannot possibly train with them effectively or realisticly.

But anyway I am glad to hear you are not an LEO... :)

Love Lucy :love:

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Okay, I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. It wasn't particularly FMA related in the first place. But it's strayed far into the bigger issues of weapon control legislation. And there are already plenty of threads on gun control and the sword ban on MAP.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.