Sweaty panda................

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Su lin, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

Oh okay then, you're a unique typical brit, wait was that an oxymoron? :confused: :p

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

FREAK!

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It makes me feel rotten, I can't stand much milk these days :( Have to have soya milk,which makes me feel slightly sick! :D

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

And the difference between the two is thus....?

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol! Good point! They make me feel rotten in slightly different ways :D

6. Kralk

Kralk Valued Member

It meens your body is more effciant at controlling it's temprature. You can wear deohdrant but that's about it, unless you want to become unfit so you sweat less.

7. watts

watts Valued Member

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Sweating more is an age thing. A sign you're getting old. I never used to sweat. Got older. Now I flood the room just thinking about thinking about standing up. :p

9. Garrett

Garrett Valued Member

As you get fitter, your sweat rate increases, and you begin to sweat eariler.
    As has been mentioned, it is your bodies adaptation for better temperature regulation. It's completely normal.

You will lose more salts through sweat when you sweat more. Although the amount isn't really significant and is covered by normal food intake. Only marathon runners and tri-athletes run into electrolyte problems during exercise over 60 minutes and of high intensity.
    If you are worried about it though, try a sports drink after exercise (gatorade, powerade), they are specifically designed with the correct amounts and types of salts.
    Normal table salt is NOT good for replacing lost salt from sweat. It does not cover all the types of salt that are lost through sweat. Particularly potassium and iodine salts.

10. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

I've heard that from my sensei aswell.

11. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

sorry then Su, chalk it up to age then :love:

12. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Same with me Su Lin. All I have do is jog for a few minutes or Jump rope as a warmup for 5 minutes and I am sweating. Ever since I dropped my weight and added muscle I have found that it doesn't take much to get my system fired up and sweating. I drink copious amounts of water through out the day and I make sure that I replace electrolytes and salts right after my TKD training. I let diet deal with all the other training I do.

Seems to have worked so far. No cramps. No sick feeling. No dark urine.

13. Burbs

Burbs Valued Member

Interesting actually, as I just started noticing this has happened to me as well. What seems like a 'normal' practice leaves me absolutely drenched. I figured it was because I could now push myself much harder then before and I'm using TONS more body motion with any given technique. Never thought it also had to do with my body's improved ability to cool it's self. :cool:

Most times now after a short meditation, some brief stretching - Once we start class, it wont take more then just a couple series to start some small beeds forming on my head.

I also have the problem of feeling thirsty untill the next morning, thanks for some of the above information as I will try adding some salt into the mix - I like the idea of the peanuts.

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Hi Su Lin,

I'm a woman and I sweat buckets as well, it can be a hormonal thing or just down to individual physiology. Unfortunately, its one of those things that you will have to learn to live with and the chances are that as you get fitter it will get worse

If you want to make your own sports drinks try the following methods:

Hypotonic:

20-40g sucrose
    1 litre warm water
    1-1.5g salt (optional)
    Sugar free / low calorie squash for flavouring (optional)

or

100 ml fruit squash
    900 ml water
    1-1.5g salt (optional)

or

250 ml fruit juice
    750 ml water
    1-1.5g salt (optional)

Isotonic:

40-80g sucrose
    1 litre warm water
    1-1.5g salt (optional)
    Sugar free / low calorie squash for flavouring (optional)

or

200 ml fruit squash
    800 ml water
    1-1.5g salt (optional)

or

500 ml fruit juice
    500 ml water
    1-1.5g salt (optional)

One thing to be aware of is if you have a lot of salt in your diet already then it is highly unlikely that you will need to supplement it in your sports drinks.

15. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

Tea is known as a diuretic (probably due to the caffine it contains) and is not a good idea for rehydrating yourself.

As for Soya.....stay away from it. It's eeeevil
    It is suspected to mimic the effects of oestrogen which could have various results....particularly if you are a bloke (which you aren't) :D

16. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

pifff sweat+women=hot :D

17. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I always thought that it was fat people who are supposed to sweat more? :confused:

18. Sparx

Sparx Valued Member

19. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

They do. Fat people and people with an alcohol consumption addiction.

But if you naturally sweat too much you can actually have botox injections to kill off some sweat glands.

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol! I may have to get botox for that as well as my face then :D