Swamp people

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cuongnhugirl, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It's more to do with forum dynamics...you'll soon get used to it

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Lol i like the cut of your jib

Baza

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

It's all to do with honesty and attitude.
    No one gets any stick for being a beginner (or even being an old and crappy long term martial artist) so long as they are honest.
    Come on here with silly beliefs about martial arts and try to convince high level martial artists you know better than them and you'll get short shrift. :)

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

There have also been a worrying spate of the "self taught" variety recently

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Only when you pull out your light saber :eek:

6. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Oh well, time to jump in and set y'all straight. The best part of Stars Wars is the animated series.

[​IMG]

A preview of next week's Swamp People episode. It's coming right for us! Shoot it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  7. 47MartialMan

Nope

Is is not "SHOOT IT"

IT IS

"CHOOT IT"

8. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

One episode that made me cringe was when Mitchells dog jumps out of the boat. gators eat dogs like spaghetti. Mitch was reacting the same way i would when he couldnt see where his dog went. I was so relieved when we saw the pooch swimming back to the boat.

9. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[​IMG]

I was living in NYC and we had that problem a lot. Always around Halloween. :confused:

10. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Admire your thick skin but you do realise that you've been on the underside of a nice little feeding frenzy, don't you? - not just in this thread but in several others I've seen.

Unless you've a Uni speciality in observing online alpha-hierarchical group dynamics or something, I don't see what you benefit.

Its painful to watch

11. 47MartialMan

That was supposed to make you cringe. It was staged

Fact of the matter, gators are not highly aggressive like crocs. They move away from humans. If a dog was near a human, it would least likely go after it in fear of the human nearby

Many large gators tend to eat-hunt in the early morning or late a night using the cover of darkness. The bigger the gator, the least likely to be seen in broad daylight. (unless hooked-snared)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  12. cuongnhugirl

We have gator attacks on people every summer here. Something about the heat seems to make them more aggressive than usual. Another problem we have is all the damn Yankees here. They will feed the gators causing them to become comfortable around humans. Then humans, usually kids get killed.

13. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember when I was growing up the gators were being protected because the population was getting extremely low from hunting. Now I believe some people are paid to hunt them. People raised baby gators in their bathtub where I come from so they could sell the skin for material, it was a place the police didn't patrol (all 1 squad car : P).

I grew up in Gainesville around the University of Florida and there are a lot of swampy areas and lakes so we had a lot of gators around. Weirdest thing in the world to watch people throw half a chicken carcass into the water, bunch of dummies.

14. 47MartialMan

Good point of the feeding

How many people (or kids) get killed annually?

We had water board skied past them a lot

We didn't have to many Yankees around back then in Louisiana,( we threw them in)

I guess the Florida gators chomp on anything besides football

15. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

I wonder if any of the damn locals feed them, but that would be ok, because theyre not damn yankees.

16. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

you realize you're asking for a lot nojon.

17. cuongnhugirl

Locals know better than that. Feeding gators is a dangerous and foolish thing to do. Any local knows that.