Swamp people

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cuongnhugirl, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

never ceases to amaze. at the same time, it's so tough to turn away. i just want to keep watching the wreck.

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Good topical debate.............went a bit mental.

Baza

3. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Wasnt there lizard type aliens in SW?

And didnt people "choot 'em"?

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Trandoshans - Bossk was one of them. They hunted Wookies for the Empire.

Bossk was arguably second only to Fett in the hierachy of the 6 "Hunters" Vader hired (Fett, Bossk, Dengar, IG88, 4-LOM, Zuckuss)

[​IMG]

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Can we talk about how after cloud city Lando was wearing Hans clothes for no reason at all?

6. Hannibal

LOL!!! Family Guy references ftw!!

7. Rhythmkiller

I'm a huge Star Wars fan but you sir dwarf my knowledge on the great saga.

Baza

8. Hannibal

You should meet my wife!

9. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Considering the OP and the topic she chose, I'd say it's a great improvement.

10. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Is her name Padmé Amidala or Leia Organa?

11. Hannibal

Not all the time no...... :evil:

12. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Actually yes, I've been involved in the production of similar shows. Much of it will be faked one way or another, trust me on that. A show like this is no more 'real' than Big Brother or Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents.

You don't want to know what goes on in the production offices, from selecting participants, to setting up scenes, to not merely splicing but editing footage beyond recognition.

Yes. People have died trying to impress viewers - and that's the professionals. The amateurs tend to take even more risks, which is why reality TV tends to be so 'sensational'.

Isn't hypocrisy a sin?

And just to really turn this into a flame war - I was never a big Star Wars fan. :zzz:

13. Rhythmkiller

As much as i have enojoyed this thread and the comedy stylings of one notorious Mr. Hannibal (my new go to dude for all things galaxy far far away related) i can't help but think it is done now.

cuongnhugirl posted a topic looking for fellow fans and though i don't share her optimism for the subject matter i respect her choice to watch it and ask other fans for thoughts on it.

Baza

14. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

...What?

15. Rhythmkiller

you heard him correctly raptor, he doesn't like storm troopers!!!

Baza

16. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Not just Storm Troopers, I find the whole story arc cliched and predictable. I would much rather see the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant done right rather than a cheap little fantasy like Star Wars.

And I think I've assured that deer will not enter into this thread for at least the next few hundred posts. ;) Or it'll be deleted.

17. Rhythmkiller

You knew Vader was his father????????????? lol impossible.

Baza

18. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

That was completely incidental to the story though. I mean really, it's impact was nothing, it was a twist thrown in for no particular reason which added no depth or complexity to either character.

Simply the dynamic between the two characters was so shallow and meaningless that this revelation was pointless.

Compare this, on the other hand, to something like the final revenge scene in the Princess Bride. Despite being a comedy Inigo's love and lust for revenge over his father's death comes through so clearly, despite the fact that his father never appears in the film, that I would rate the family relationship there way, way above anything in Star Wars.

19. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

*wipes tears from eyes*

I'm so happy, I thought I was alone with my dislike of Star Wars on this forum. What next? You hate Star Trek too?

When was such geekery acceptable?

(Waits for the predictable "ban" reply ;) )

Edit: Princess Bride - highly underrated.

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Never liked Star Trek. Not the orginal or any of what came after. Just didn't float my boat. The film re-boot was alright.

(Waits for Frodo-geddon to start in 3, 2, 1....)