sustain the passion

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pinoy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

Hi sirs, could i ask some comments, opinions, suggestions on how to sustain the passion to learn more of the art.

My instructor has said that am now promoted to a rank I guess I should be proud of. I am because it shows that he believes in me & I know I reached to a "certain level" w/c I have matured in my training & in a way understand the concept. But IMHO, am not really into it (levels), because of the stigma that attached in it, the "envy" of others w/c I really dont want. I just want a low profile.

I want to learn what I can still learn. I know there are many more things FMA has to offer. Dont want politics, envy. Just want to train, learn & learn. I do believe in levels only such as GM's, masters/punong guro, & then student/s...

:eek: (what am i saying here?, <sigh> just want to express my thoughts... am longing from the feeling when I first step in the world of FMA, the innocence, the craving for knowledge :p , no politics, pride, envy :cry: )...

2. Vexed

Vexed New Member

I am one and the same. I am not doing my MA for belts or status of any kind.
    I am doing it for me and my own.

Respect

3. Vexed

Vexed New Member

Oops, forgot about the bit around wanting to learn more, and about the passion.

For me, quite simply it's due to myself and what I want to do, combined with looking after my family and friends.

So many people, start something, like me years ago, and never end up finishing it, well now I have started something that will never end up finishing.
    The journey once begun, will never, ever end. " Quote by Velocity "

4. mike123

mike123 New Member

I know exactly what you mean -hate politics . Seen it too many times especially when money is involved...

5. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

congratulations pinoy dude! i'm still hoping we could meet up soon.

6. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hi badboy, maybe we had already, your fron UP right? Have you competed in the recent Bakbakan tourney last Oct 15? Manong Phil's team got many medals :p , are you one of them?

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

one word of advise...forget everything else. just learn. forget rank. forget everything. question everything.

8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Oh wasn't able to be there. About Manong Phil''s group... Errrr... I'm not sure if he's still recognized by the LSAI/LESKAS Masters Assembly... ask GM Vic about it. Or refer to this post: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=644134&postcount=12

9. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member