Survived the onslaught

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pinoy, Apr 17, 2005.

1. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

lol :D no sir, just a company basketball league, will open this Apr23rd, so i have a reson not to join the livestrick tourney this may :love: lol. yup, I'll give you the detrails as soon as we/GM have ironed the specifics sir. :p

2. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

pro? :eek: in my dreams only bro, I dreamt i was allen iverson :p , lol. jus a company bball league, :D

3. cyk-o

cyk-o New Member

d girl whose hand was badly hurt was hit by a "Tacurong " opponent.

4. cyk-o

cyk-o New Member

Saw u in action!! u did great 4 a beginner. U showed Ybanes what ur made of. anyway, try competing in Narraphil so, u can broaden ur tournament experience.
    I''ll ask GM Vic to let u compete 4 next month.

5. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

wehehehe :D , no bro, i'll ask GM that you postponed your trip to dubai & beat the h :woo: out of the guys who'll compete in the in the coming livestick tourney. The great "henyo" of arnis :p lol :D

6. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

I also survived...survived watching some of the strangest "anyo" competition. I mean, the costumes were outlandish. There was even this ladies' team that wore G-strings over their spandex. I think they were supposed to represent a Cordillerian tribe. Others were dressed up as "diwatas" or something. Now is that culturally correct or what? One troupe looked like it could also win in a Wu Shu competition, with their Kung Fu-looking routines. Well, great show, though.

7. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Haha! I saw a player in the ladies division too that moved like an epileptic while fighting... odd... :Alien:

Who saw Kai's (from Cebu)? Amazing... he first did a slow mo of some moves and then re-did it at an amazing unbelievable speed!

8. Diego_Vega

Diego_Vega Frustrated pacifist

Now I'm really sorry I missed it.

BTW, was this well received by the judges? Did they win.

I remember watching a tape of the 1996 WEKAF forms championships and in the "traditional" competition, there was one guy who did a Korean "flute" sayaw and another guy who used a Chinese ringed dao. The Korean guy came in third. In the non-traditional, the guy who won did a magician's arnis routine with flying sticks included in the act.

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

:eek: :eek: :eek: and i was no where near there :eek: :eek: :eek:

giddangit!!!

10. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

:eek: omg...wow! cordillerian girls now wears g-strings and spandex :eek: better pack-up my hike gear and head to the mountains... gotta see more of them. :love: hihihi :love: hope you've got some pics man... and share us your blessing o' mighty one. :D

11. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Bawhahaha! You know I remember the magian thingy too, "Kick conection" if I am not mistaken, I laughed my socks off.

Richard Bustillo (he was WEKAF out going President and organiser at the time) made a last minute rule in the Sayaw event that year which really dissapointed me. That was the no hitting the floor thing with the weapon:confused: and if you did you lost a point from your final score.

One Filipino came out and he performed one of the best Sayaw's I have seen, (I was in the same division and thought this guy is more than good, I will be happy with silver after that performance, came 4th, I hit the floor twice:eek: ) he came last because he hit the floor about 10 times.

The first guy ever to lose a Sayaw event by being the best there. Richards excuse was he would have got sued for damaging the floor. never mind the rules of the comp eh! or anything like that. Not to mention the fact that most of the people had trained for at least 6 months for the event only to find the rule had been changed at the last minute because RB wanted to make a few rule changes (like the other quaqlifying event the day before the real world championships, but thats another story).

After that the WEKAF Board agreed that any rule change that had to be made at the world championships would not be implemented untill the next world championships 2 years later.

Best regards

Pat

12. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

:eek: :eek: ladies wearing G-strings?? :eek: :eek: , huhuhu :cry: :cry: i told them we sould've stayed longer :cry:

13. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

anyone got pics? :D

-nico-

14. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hey nico if you have friends from UP, a fraternity from there organize the event, they even have videos of the 3-day event (i think), if you've got a copy, give me one okei? :D

15. Brunstick

what fraternity organized the event? i have a few friends from the University of the Philippines, but they're mostly graduates already. maybe their fraternity brothers can hook me up with some pics.

-nico-

16. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

event organizer

its the "SIGMA PHI KAPPA" fraternity bro, don't forget bout my copies kei? :D , if also we could've a copy of the video, it would be best :) , wish you luck bro

17. Brunstick

too bad bro, i don't know anyone from sigma phi kappa. :( and i wanted to see those pictures too!!! i'll try and find someone that knows someone from sigma phi kappa. i can't guarantee results though.

-nico-

18. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

no prob bro, in time we will succeed & have a video copy & pics of the "babes" :D , errr the 3-day event i mean :Angel:

19. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

losing is better than winning imo, after 12 years of ma i still prefer a fight when i lose because you get teh "wow i survived a heavy beating" feeling and you learn alot more from a fight you lost than a fight you won tho you can learn from both.

20. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

I can understand the sparring part; I trained as a judge/referee some time ago. But I don't know what to make of the "anyo"; I am not familiar with the criteria for judging. I don't know how the judges receive it; I think they were ok with it. But nobody complained from the audience. The defending champions who got displaced spent a small fortune on protest fees. Hahaha