Surgery tomorrow...blah!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Nov 22, 2005.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Tomorrow I finally get my surgery for my hernia! Anyone else have this kind of surgery? Curious as to how long it takes. I'm guessing only 45 mins. to an hour in the O.R. Wish me luck ya'll....HA! :rolleyes:

2. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Good luck man. Heal fast and deadlift a truck.

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Hope all goes smoothly ghost, so you can get back to playing with your pink dumbbells again :D

4. GeeniusAtWurk

GeeniusAtWurk Valued Member

I'm recovering from my arthroplasty as we speak. That one took about an hour and a half, but I wasn't nervous until I walked in the operating room and saw all the equipment they had waiting for me. All that for a little pinky joint?

5. GhostOfYourMind

Aww....you know I only use those to throw at you. HA!:D

Thanks guys. They said the surgery will take 1- 1 1/2 hours. Goin' in under general anaesthesia (sp?) so I'll be out, then next thing I know, cranky and high as a kite...lol!

Harhar- Will a mustang do for now?:D

Thanks ya'll. I'm glad I can still eat most of the night. Cutoff for food/liquids is 3 a.m. YAY! ::scuttles away to the fridge:: :D

6. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Blessed and a fast revocery Ghost. I had a Hernia Op years ago. Took a couple of months to get the release to start lifting again.

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Best wishes for your operation :)

I spent a month in hospital after a very serious non-MA related head injury, but no operations.

8. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Good luck. Do what the doctor tells you to.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Good luck dude. Hope you recover quicker than ever.

10. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Best of luck, bro. Hurry back and don't worry, your lil Iron Monkey throne will be waiting here for you. ;)

I didn't have surgery for a hernia, but I had some work done on my back last year. I'm 100% certain that Glutamine helped kickstart my immune system afterwards. I think I was doing 5 grams, twice a day, starting as soon as I could after I got out of the hospital. Totally check with your Doc first (as if he'd know what it is. I can't imagine any possible reason he'd advise against it...it's a simple amino acid, but still...) But, that's about as much "help" I can offer you. See ya.

11. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

12. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Oh yeah, and if they put you under be sure to tell us how far you managed to count ;)

13. GeeniusAtWurk

GeeniusAtWurk Valued Member

They didn't make me count when they put me under general. They asked what I did for a job, and I made it to "I handle the contracts for the City..." Out like a light! My boss made it to 2 when he had his gallbladder removed.

14. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Wishing you well Ghost. :)

15. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Dude, I fell for that too. :D

"So, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a personal trai..." ::wakes up 4 hours later, in a hospital bed:: "...ner."

16. GhostOfYourMind

I didn't have to count. They gave it to me via IV. I was out within 10-20 seconds. :eek: I was in the OR a total of 29 minutes. And in recovery, about 1 hour (singing I might add, and high as a kite). To tell ya the truth, the IV was worse than the surgery. My wrist swelled from the stupid IV. :rolleyes: Anyways, I'm back at home, and returning to my iron monkey throne. Where's that tylenol+codeine....:D (anaesthesia gave me THE best rest ever btw....ha!)

17. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Good deal, hope you recover soon.