Supplement confusion

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Estrix, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Estrix

Estrix Valued Member

So I started a new work out routine, and part of the recommendation is to use protein supplement.

Well that's OK I thought, I'll go buy some...WOW was I wrong! There are like 50 kinds of protein supplement!

Basically I was thinking I could just use straight whey protein in water/juice of one brand or another, but maybe some sort of pre-mix thing would be be better?

Anyway, could anyone tell me what the real difference is between using whey protein and a pre-mix supplement? Or any helpful websites please

Thanks

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I go to a 'guys' gym and the majority take a shaker with protein powder and mix with water to have just after a workout. Some buy it at the gym pre-mixed in bottles but I think this is more expensive if you train a lot. Could be a taste thing too, I've tried some milk based protein drinks but they were really sickly sweet. I'd be interested to know of any protein recommendations too :)

3. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I personally like sci-mx whey protein. it dissolves really well.
    most people go for banana or vanilla. you get used to the taste.

5. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I eat an animal after training. :)

6. flaming

flaming Valued Member

7. strafer

strafer Valued Member

I use EAS soy protein and mix it with juice which you are probably not supposed to mix it with because of the added sugar. It tastes too good to switch it up with a water mix. I also find soy easier to digest. Whey just didn't sit right with me.

8. strafer

strafer Valued Member

Has anybody tried any supplements from purestcolloids.com? There are a variety of different supplements they sell but I'm not sure which ones to try out or if I should try any. I'm trying to branch out from just taking a multivitamin once a day. Just wanted to get some feedback first.

9. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I prefer strawberry mixed with orange juice, or once in a while milk. Nothing to get used to, Tastes awesome the first time!