Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

To be fair, "consistent in depicting the characters" is not something you hear a lot with regards to the comics. :p I think there's more than ample room for varying interpretations of any given character.

Since Begins I thought one thing - Bale's Batman just doesn't sound right. Rather than intimidating, he sounds like has a bad cold. Then again I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Kevin Conroy fan so I don't even pretend I'm objective. :D

2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Ironically he is exactly how I imagined the joker would be. Even with the silver teeth, which is new.

Actually the big problem I had with Heath's Joker was that he was too sombre and sullen. Not that it was really much of a problem because Heath's Joker was amazing, but Joker in the comics and cartoons to me always had a maniacal flair of deranged excitement and randomness. Heath's planned things too methodically IMO. The anarchy just wasn't there.

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I didn't like Leto's joker when I saw the pictures, but having seen the trailer I'm a lot more optimistic. I found Ledger's Joker one of the most horrifying villains I've seen I grant you, but that was because he seemed to be the embodiment of pure anarchy. And because I found a worrying amount of what he said made sense :p

But from the tiny bit of actual comic Joker I've seen, and the bits of him I've seen in games, Leto's seems more in line with it.

Also this http://www.dorkly.com/post/75333/this-fan-theory-about-jared-letos-joker-is-kind-of-brilliant

4. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I came in here expecting a thread about the Suicide Squad from "Life Of Brian". I am disappoint.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHk2RSMCS8&spfreload=10"]Suicide Squad - YouTube[/ame]

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I'm a big believer of the idea that Nolan intended Ledger's Joker to be a superior version of batman. So many parallels. By far my favorite batman movie of all time was the Dark Knight.

6. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Okay I'll bite. I really like that theory. Now I want to see that movie.

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!