Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jul 17, 2015.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3hecGO_04"]Suicide Squad Comic-Con Trailer (2016) - Jared Leto, Will Smith Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

:happy: I want to watch that movie.

2. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

I'm skeptical.

I want it to be good, but somehow I have my doubts.

3 problems i have, their's a Scientologist present, Ben affleck and Jared Letto as an emo joker. I think its going to be a movie that tries too hard and falls short.

Unless the reviews come out fantastic, i think this one is a stay at home PPV movie for me.

3. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Joker just looks awful. Film looks awful.

I think Affleck will be fine as Batman. Not going to be any worse than Kilmer or Clooney.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

So do I.

Is Will Smith really playing Deadshot?

Don't get me wrong, Will's a surprisingly good serious actor, but I'm not convinced he can be dark enough as a personality to pull it off.

Que? I must have missed that one.

I'm not 100% sure on this either.

I'm the reverse of this one. I'm actually incredibly excited to see what Jared can do. His Joker looks (from what little we've come across) far closer to the comic book Joker to me than previous renditions have. Sure, it's unlikely he'll have Mark Hamill's vocal delivery or Heath Ledger's presence.

But I'm still excited.

Can't be worse than Jack Nicholson's Joker.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm excited to see this. I've always preferred DC to Marvel anyhoo, but I really like the Suicide Squad comics. Plus, Harley Quinn. Nuff said. :)

Off-topic: I think (hope) Affleck will be a great Batman. Maybe the best yet. Nolan's trilogy was epic but I was re-watching The Dark Knight rises last night and couldn't help but get a really strong emo vibe from Bale's performance. I was like, "Pop a prozac and punch somebody in the face already!".

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Dark Knight Rises was a let down for me

7. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

*cracks knuckles*

And one, and two, and...

[​IMG]

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Would that be an acceptable thing to say if it was a Muslim instead of a Scientologist?

9. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Course not. Islam is a real religion and not a money hungry, vengeful cult.

10. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Let's not have a scientology debate on the suicide squad thread. If you want to start a new thread on scientology I'll be more then happy to play. I was referring to Will Smith, he's rumored to be a Scientologist. I think will smith has done some good movies and I liked handcock, I don't think I like him as dead shot.

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Feels like it took itself too seriously.

12. holyheadjch

Fine, but regardless of the thread title, I'll never let that kind of religious intolerance go unchallenged.

13. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

I think Michael Jai White would have been a better candidate.

14. Pretty In Pink

But MJW can't act? Like at all. Even slightly.

His one role Is "Muscly, black, angry guy whos good at martial arts". His few lines in The Dark Knight meant just "Muscly, black, angry guy".

He is literally Black Ripped Steven Seagal.

15. holyheadjch

That line from Leto creeps me out more every time I hear it.

16. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

exactly "WANDAAAA!" He played almost this exact role(dead shot an hired assassin, AL Simmons in spawn). in spawn and while I was a young brat when I saw it. I thought he had done a killer job.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  17. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Really? I've been hearing that a lot. I just don't see it.

18. Pretty In Pink

I'm interested in seeing Batman in the film (if the guy on top of Harleys car really is Batman).

19. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

See its not Leto I have problems with. It's the character design, he reminds me of a clowned up Marilyn Manson. Not how I ever depicted the Joker.

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

The silver teeth are new to me, but among the comics and the cartoons there are many variations of Joker's look. Heath Ledger's version, for example, was the opposite of any other Joker that I know of in that he had ordinary skin under the makeup. He painted his face white, whereas all the other Jokers have white skin. In one of the cartoons Joker hops around on all fours like a chimpanzee. :dunno:

The first time I watched the trailer I didn't even notice that Will Smith was one of the characters. He's certainly not the first actor I would have thought of for the role, but thinking back to his portrayal of Muhammad Ali -- a tough guy if ever there was one -- I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ya, me and mine thoroughly love the trilogy, but we all say (1) Bale does a poor Batman but (2) he is fantastic at playing Bruce Wayne.