'Sugar' Ray Robinson HL

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by slipthejab, Jan 19, 2006.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

man if only i could DL from google video... that is a sweet vid, he sure loved those uppercuts and shovel hooks :D

3. slipthejab

Yeah apparently Google has a pay service that allows you DL. Pfffttt...:D

I'll see if I can find this somewhere else... It must be around. But you gotta love old training footage.. med bag, speed bag... and look how scrappy the fights are. Brilliant. The rings back then were terrible. They might as well have used rubber bands for the ropes. :D

If I'm not mistaken at one point in the clip he get's knocked clean through the ropes and then gets back in and KO's is opponent! :D

4. addiwei

addiwei New Member

awesome!! wow, what an awesome finisher...

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

we still use the old medicine ball but man, i wish i looked half as good as that on the speedbag! how the hell does he do those hook things? the mind boggles

6. slipthejab

yeah I get a pretty much a daily med ball workout in. You can' beat them for many times of training.... as you well know. :D

In regards to hooking... yeah I'm not even close to be able to hook the speed bag and keep it going.:cry:

7. addiwei

addiwei New Member

I understand this is pretty subjective...but am I the only one that thinks Robinson doesn't have a distinct look to him? He seems to have a face that easily blends in or is easily forgotten. In some shots, he looks like Ali, and in others, he looks like Liston... He doesn't have the Tyson snarl, or Ali's pretty face.. Could just be the time period in which he fought affecting this though..?

8. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Nice vid, some brutal kos. I like the one where that guys gum shield comes flying out.

Im loving the table tennis bit with the twirls too! :D

hope we can find some place to download it