sue turton bum pinch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tommy-2guns..., Aug 3, 2007.

1. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/6924592.stm

Have you guys seen the outrage from some people over the bum pinching of sue turton on Tv,youtube and in the newspapers!

I cant beleive the reaction from the story, it seems we truly have gone PC crazy,with people calling it sexual assault and so on,and indeed its probably the fastest response to a crime in oxfords history:p!

so to you people of MAP, was this

A) a harmless bit of fun

B)a sexual assualt worthy of police money and time

C)Evidence that we are going totally overboard in society over the stupidest things lately

or

D) he should have pushed her in the flooded road because she is a lousy reporter?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  2. ember

ember Valued Member

I *was* wondering whether there was something in the UK that made that kind of contact somehow acceptable... I know in the U.S. it's not tolerated from strangers.

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yes it is classed as sexual assault.
    Even if it was a woman pinching a mans bum it will also be classed as sexual assault.

It depends if the 'victim' wants to pursue the matter further. If she refuses to go further with the allegations then even if the man is caught he'll basically get a slap on the wrist.

4. Tommy-2guns...

I really cant beleive a cheeky TV bottom pinch is now called a sexual assuault!Perhaps i have the sexist mentality of a 1970's cockney builder or perhaps Fun is being slowly drained away in the guise of Political correctness, in any case an utter waste of police time! I wonder if this would have been an issue 10-15 years ago?

5. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

If some random pinched my backside I don't think I'd be straight on the phone screaming I'd just been sexually asualted. I may, however, kick the random in the shin.

I suppose it comes down to what your tolerance of this sort of thing would be and how you react to it as an individual.

Quoted from article.

I find this a completely ignorant statement though, sometimes women are worse than men!

Edit: I'm falling into the C category myself.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I think the reaction from this thread is more sensationalist than the reaction of Sue Turton. She has said she was embarrassed, which frankly I think most people would be had it happened to them on live television. She has also said that she is not interested in following the matter further. If the bloke is found he is facing an £80 fine for a public order offence.

7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

The only person to pinch me on the bum was Ashley Knight. She was realy attractive so I liked it. If she was ugly I would of complained. That solves this matter only attractive people can pinch other peoples bums.

8. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

9. flaming

flaming Valued Member

This woman gets it worse
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsMcAabtqeA&NR=1"]YouTube[/ame]

And an excuse to post the best news reporter.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1G-3laJJP0"]YouTube[/ame]

10. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

11. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Nah I posted that a while ago in the music place I wanted to know the tune.
    There are topless pictures. I dont advise searching for them :rolleyes:

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

pfftt... a pinch on the bum and everyone is crying their eyes out?!?!

Be thankful it's not Japan where panty-sharking is the latest craze!. :D

Don't blame me if you Google it. :p

13. ember

ember Valued Member

Exactly. She's not the one crying foul, so don't go making her doubly the victim.

I take it you don't have a wife? If you did, would you appreciate another man pinching her?

Slightly different story. My husband and I had a late holiday in London to celebrate our 10th anniversary and our coming young'un. We'd been out walking A LOT, and were heading back to our hotel. Holding hands, even.

Walking the opposite direction on the street were a group of guys messing around. It was pretty clear to both of us that they were just play-fighting, but we tried to stay out of their way. About the time their group passed us, one of them slapped me on the rear.

I gave him my best "That was NOT acceptable. YOU WILL NOT." glare, and my husband backed me up. I guess with the instant full attention of two MAists who had instantly shifted into a "ready" position -- he looked pretty scared, stepped back, and then moved along.

Mostly we blew it off as "Chav" behavior - totally inappropriate, unacceptable, but since it stopped that was it.

It's one thing among friends / teammates. It's different when it's a stranger on the street.

14. Tommy-2guns...

Ahhh, but you really have to be stupid to pinch a ladies behind,when her husband is there!

True if someone pinched the behind of my hypothetical wife i would probably view it differently, but that man was obviously doing it because it would be funny due to the serious nature of the broadcast and itd mean he got to be on Tv not due to any ill intention.

I think it was a little bt of fun,and im not sure why people ended up in arms about it, i do however think that if a woman would have pinched a male reporter's behind there would'nt be a 'sexual assualt' view held by anybody.

I think the situation is obviously different for a man pinching a randomer when its obvious its not just a little joke fo Tv and could lead to other acts of unwanted attention,but in this case i cant beleive people would even bring the phrase 'sexual assualt' into play.

15. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

To declare sexual assault requires an insight into the offenders intentions. If his intentions were in any way sexual or if it could be construed as being sexual by a 'reasonable person', then it was sexual assault, and pinching someones backside could fall into that category. I think the guy is very lucky that she doesn't want to press charges.

It was a stupid thing to do and I take comfort in the fact that he must have needed a change of pants when he first heard the police were looking into it.

16. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

To quote Rik Mayall from Bottom:
    "She's lovely...but shes french!"

Or somewhere along the lines of....